ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worth putting a K&N Panel filter in my 1.5DCI MK3 Clio?

2006 Clio 1.5DCI 86
Hey everyone,

Sorry if this is a topic which has come up before - but I was wondering it it would be "worth it" to put a K&N Panel Filter in my Clio MK3 (completely stock 06 plate 1.5DCI 86bhp)?

I have previously had more performance orientated cars, so it was kind of a no brainer, but would it be worth it on the Clio? At the moment I am just using an OEM paper filter which I picked up from my local store for around £7 ish.

Would there be any difference to performance or economy at all?

Many thanks for any advice :cool:

Range Rover Sport
If it was a petrol turbo I'd say yes but not sure the diesel turbo relies as much on more/cooler air in all honest.

Save the £35 or put it towards a more performance enhancing modification like a remap / some sort of tuning box.

That'll aid performance and maybe economy but as above I doubt you'd notice any difference with an aftermarket panel filter fitted.

2006 Clio 1.5DCI 86
Thanks for the quick replies guys.

To be honest, I am finding the economy brilliant already - I just filled up this morning after running my first "full tank" through the car, and I got just over 650 miles, and at least half of this was short trips and driving through town :)

Inferno 182 & Saxo
if you are keeping the car then I'd do it, simply for the fact that its washable item that you can re-oil rather than bin when it gets dirty. New out of the box they last 4 times aslong as a normal air filter does anyway or there abouts

Mk3 clio 1.5dci
Haven't had any problems with mine and if you plan on keeping works out cheaper than buying paper ones in the long term.