ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would a 182 be too raw for me

Hello Clio people.

Ive only just started driving at the ripe young age of 42. After a rich aunt died and left me £20,000 (shame she died but I do like the money) Im trying to decide which car to treat little old me to.

Im used to getting around on my trusty bicycle, but thats not going to be fast enough for me anymore!!! I really want the image and looks of a car that tells people how popular I am, (especially women giggle giggle), but everybody I talks to says its the performance that counts.

What worries me though is will the Clio turbo be too fast for me, Ive done loads of high speed 3 point turns (think thats what theyre called?) in my mums Renault 5 so I think Im quite well prepared.

Suppose I just need you guys to tell me what I want to hear.

Looking forward to your replies,

Harold.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

thats alot of effort to go to mr fake user

(dont ask me how i knew but call it instinct)

the fact 182 and turbo are talked about in same sentance is an indication oh also the fact it all just sounds like bullsh*t

What is a fake user? Im quite new to internet forums, does it mean new boy?

I think Im down to the final 3 choices now, but decidings going to be really tough!

I love the look of the Clio, but my friend who sells cars (seems to know everything about them) says that they arent very popular anymore and I should buy a Peugeot 180 thing. I like the look of that Honda as well- think its called the Type R. Looks mean and nasty!

What I like about my age is the insurance- really low!! Bet you young chaps pay a fortune with such high powered cars?

Really dont know what to choose, decisions decisions decisions.

Harold.

Why dont you put your money in a high interest savings account and leave it to your niece/nephew when your time comes!

Some of you dont seem very friendly. Im sorry if Im too old for a forum, all I want is some opinion from people who have Clios. Didnt mean to upset anybody.

My Uncle James suggested that I put the money into a savings account, but I want to do something a bit more wild, I may never have the chance again to have a lot of fun.

I guess I feel a little bit like you all did when you first passed your tests, but Im just a smidgen older!!

Can anybody help me choose or give me the address of sites for the Honda and 180?

Thank you in advance,

Harold.

With £20,000 you could buy a TVR Cerbera 4.2, an excellent vehicle in which to learn to drive and potter about town in. A good size boot for shopping at Lidl too. Best yet its a tad more nippy than any Clio!

Unlce Ben? Oh, do you mean the rice? Thats quite clever, you made me chuckle a little.

Apparently the engine in the Honda can rev to 10,000 revs which doesnt sound very good. I doubt youd ever want to rev anything that high. In my test I tried to keep between 2 and 3 thousand revs like my instuctor told me.

How high do the Clio and the 180 rev? I dont want a car that I have to drive too fast to enjoy, I do hope theyre a bit easier on the ear, too!!

Harold.

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by Harold on 17 November 2003

I do hope theyre a bit easier on the ear, too!!

Harold.
Well at your age youll hardly hear it anyway so thats one issue dealt with.

You could buy a nice shiny MK1 v6 ( plug plug ) but youll need a fold away zimmer though.

Im sorry Mr Stromba, thats not very good to cast aspertions about my sexuality. I am single now since Valerie died, which is part of why I want this car. It will be a new me, a chance to throw off my old shoes and step into some younger ones.

Recently Ive been trying to make myself feel younger, wear smarter casual clothes and Ive been listening to hip hop (even sounds like a beat, boom boom boom) and even bought the Ministry Of Sound 2004 album, which I actually like.

Getting a fast little car will make me feel even better! Just hope I can handle it.

People I talk to about these cars always seem to be talking about modifying them? Arent they very good from the showroom or is it to add something extra spicy?

Please dont insult me or call me gay, Im trying to be friendly.

Thank you,

Harold.

That link seems to go straight to Hondas website Pots and panster (ooo, I made a joke tee hee!). I want to hear from people whove driven the cars rather than publicity material.

Ive spoken to a Renault dealer in Penrith (for some reason they are selling Nissans at the moment- the salesman wanted to sell me an Almera!!) who say they can do me a special deal on finance as long as I say to go ahead this week. If I out a deposit down now he promised to let me test drive it. Im really tempted!

Should I go for it?

Thank you,

Harold.

Hello gay boy Harold.

Sorry to cast aspertion on your sexuality, i assure you i did mean offence. I recommend you stay away from the 172 as this would indeed be far too raw for you, and head straight to the nearest Daewoo dealership. I hear they do a nice little line in coffin dodger cars. The 1.0 Matiz has your name written all over it. If you sign up for one before Christmas i you can chose a free gift from an attractive carriage clock or ornamental glass tiger (that is if you indeed live that long). Did you burn your wife when she died or did you chuck her in the ground?

King

Mr. Stromba, Did I upset you in a previous life? Im sorry if I did.

I can assure you that at 42 Im probably not as near to needing a coffin dodger car as you might think. Insulting the memory of my darling wife is very much below the belt. I hope you feel sorry for saying such hurtful things.

I came on here today hoping to find out some information and make some friends, but unfortunately dont seem to have found either.

Can I say thank you to those people whove tried to help and Im sorry for whatever I did to upset some of you.

Thank you,

Harold.

Harold,

What is it like to be so old? I hear that after 38 your testicles shrink to the size of peanuts and you adopt the sex drive of a castrated monk living on a diet of soya milk and bran fibre? I think the 172 is a car that is best suited to those with high testosterone levels and and interest in the opposite sex, neither of which, it is clear, you have. I hear the Volvo Caravan club are ready for some new members you may want to try there or alternatively you may like to apply for a senior citizens bus pass. The number 172 is probably a bit more your style.

Well, King Stroppy. Seeming you are intent on hurting my feelings I have no choice. I think youre a young lad in need of some loving parentage, I assume you may have been brought up in a difficult environment. Were you in a childrens home, did you leave the shower door tightly shut?

All I wanted was some friendly advice and since Ive been called a coffin dodger, Shrunken testicled and worst of all, gay. I am none of these things.

If you are representative of Clio drivers then you may be right, perhaps I should look elsewhere.

Annoyed,

Harold.

I did indeed have a troubled childhood. I had to go to church every Sunday and sometimes i was even made to play cricket (oh the shame of it).

Why dont you give this guy a break, perhaps is is for real. Give him a chance.

For £20K, why not buy a copy of What Car?, go for a few test drives and go from there mate.

I would recommend

Civic Type R;)

Seat Leon Cupra R

Clio 172

Focus ST170

Good Luck

Nick

Well, King Kong, did you know if you spell your username backwards it reads "I was a choirboy who took it from behind every sunday before being rodgered to death by the Cricket coach in the afternoon so constantly hard a sore arse and could never sit down for more than 30 seconds at a time"? Interesting stuff indeed.

Below your username is the word willy. If I combine that with a kings crown (you are a King arent you?), which is a kind of hat, I get Willyhat. Which is what willy heads wear. Like you.

In fact, looking around at some of your other friendly posts, Im sure Martin the German would love to bring some spicy sausage from Germany for you. After all, you probably wore away the last dildo you had, didnt you you naughty little boy.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

yeah mate good on ya, cos know one would have guessed he was havin us on.

Better to be a fake gay boy than a real gay boy though, eh kingdong?

You didnt dispute the choir boy story, either. Which is a bit of a worry. At least youll have a sausage for company soon.

Got to leave for home now, thank you all very much,

Harold and his mate, 10 Pence Short.