ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would some one help me improve this to sell my car

black ph2 172
Im going to try to sell my car as i need somthing bigger maybe a sport magane can some one help alter this where needed.

Renault Sport Clio 172 (sort after mods) (2002)

Here's my beloved clio that had ££££'s spent on it by me. When i got it, It was standard and it has come a long was since then. Never had a penny spared, The only reason its up for sale is because I need a 5 door as i have a baby on the way. So here goes the list of mods:

V-maxx coilovers with camber bolts
182 wheels
K-tec solid engine mounts
Powerflex dog bone mount
Matched and polished inlet
Bored out and polished throttle body
K&N indution kit
Smaller number plates to fit front Bumper and no writing
Tinted windows( will remove if not liked)
Scorpian cat-back (modified to for because scorpian can't do it properly!)
K-tec de-cat
Front grill, Scuttle pannel and rear bumper insert sprayed satin black as they go blue after time.
Ice blue side lights to match xenon's
Ice blue interior lights
All new brakes brembo high carbon front discs, EBC rear discs, Ferodo ds2500 racing pads all round, Goodridge braided brake lines (front and back) Ferodo racing brake 5.1 fluid. You will be amazed by them as I was, Was put on march this year.

I have all the standard parts along with other mods some may go with the car:

172 cup turinis with a a full set of conti sport contact tyres done about 500 miles
25mm wheel spacers
Standard exhaust and cat
Standard suspension
Standard shocks with 30mm springs
Standard air box and air filter
Standard inlet and throttle body
Standard engine mounts
Standard number plates.

There is probably more stuff ive got sitting around. Now for the other work:

Reconditioned gear box in Jan 2011
Track rods and ball joints
Full geomatry set-up (tracking and camber)
One full service while ive owned it(since June 2010) brake fluid, Coolant, Plugs and leads, All filters, Oil and more
Two new xenon balist.

It's just had m.o.t no advisorys, 6 months tax, Full service history.

Don't be put off by milage it has been well maintained. Cambelt kit in 2009 i have all reciepts for parts and work, loads of paper work.

Please call, Text for more info 07946628813
or email and leave a number.

£3000ono

thank you for any help!

brad

Clio Mk2 Ph2
By saying "sort after mods" do you mean you are going to sort something out after the mods or do you mean "sought after"?

black ph2 172
what im trying to put a cross is the fact its not got a big body kits and fake dump valve, if you no what i mean.

Listerine & Poledo
Just dont mention the mods, they'll just make most people read it and think:-

"Well, that's been thrashed within an inch of its life, I hink this one here that hasn't been messed with is a better bet"

They don't add any value either, so you'll need to advertise in "chav monthly" or similar to get £3k.

Listerine & Poledo
2002 Renault Clio 172 (2.0)

12 months MOT

6 months Tax
Last service June 2010
Cambelts last changed 2009 (receipts available), gearbox reconditioned January 2011

Recent brakes and tyres all round

Please call, Text for more info 07946628813

£2500ono

Take off all the crap about mods. People don't care about a smaller plate etc.

Take off all the mods that you've got standard parts for.

List your services.

1,000 @ BillyBobs - Oil/filter
50,000 @ BillyBobs - Oil/filter
etc etc

Good pictures. Not jaunty angles photoshopped half to death. Front. Front right. Front left. Side. Other side. Rear left. Rear right. Back. Interior.

Has it had new brakes/tyres/clutch/gearbox?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Saught after, not sort after.

Also I agree with what others have said. Put it back to standard, sell mods, earn more money and sell quicker. Its a no-brainer.

clio 182
i'd return it to stock and not mention the mods, sell em separately somewhere else

mention that the car was your baby, then show all the (non modification) work you've had done to it

172/vx220t/m135i
Agreed too many mods, put it back to as near as standard as possible, the mods are just seriously narrowing your audience.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
never list mods unless its something special, always sell the car as close to standard as possible, always spell check your adverts, (i would never buy a car off someone who is too stupid to spell or uses text talk in an advert) always list mileage and service history in detail and where the work was carried out and always look at PH or AT to see what similar cars are going for price wise. IMO you will never get £3000 for a 172. id say £2200 maximum really, especially for a messed with car.

black ph2 172
Thanks for the input i will probably put it back to standard.

As for the haters "WOT PART IZNT PROPA ENGLISH INIT BLUD" because i missed it?

Thanks

Brad

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Here's my beloved clio that had ££££'s spent on it by me. When i got it, It was standard and it has come a long was since then. Never had a penny spared, The only reason its up for sale is because I need a 5 door as i have a baby on the way. So here goes the list of mods:

That whole first paragraph makes for hard reading! I would have moved on after the first few sentences tbh

needs to be a lot more fluid its just a mishmash of sentences and doesn't help sell the car

get straight to the point, list the positives and dont mention all the mods if you can help it, 90% of people just dont care about them and are wary in most cases of modified cars

Last edited:
Leave the long sentences/paragraphs out. When I'm looking I want information in a list, all points that are easy to scan/read. I don't want to read about how you bought the car and how much you've spent on it.

black ph2 172
Leave the long sentences/paragraphs out. When I'm looking I want information in a list, all points that are easy to scan/read. I don't want to read about how you bought the car and how much you've spent on it.

Good point, This is the feed back i was looking for.

thanks

black ph2 172
So how's this should i remove the coilovers and exhaust ?

RenaultSport Clio 172 2002

V-maxx coilovers
stainless steel exhaust
182 wheel
Tinted windows

All new brakes
Reconditioned gear box in Jan 2011
new clutch
Full geomatry set-up (tracking and camber)
full service in march 2011

89000 miles
12 months M.O.T
6 months tax
Full service history
lots of reciepts

Cambelt kit in late 2009

Please call for more information 07946628813

£2200ono

Clio 172 ph1
[Spelling police]
Geometry
Receipts
[/Spelling police]

Also, if we're being picky (which I am), I'd start each line with Caps.

And, do you just have one 182 wheel? :rasp:

PS. I know everyone else has told you to drop the price, and while I think £3k is probably a bit enthusiastic, make sure you've got room to drop a couple of hundred off the price without getting upset, buyer will feel they've got a deal, and you feel like you haven't lost out.

PPS. I think I'd forget to mention the tinted windows too...

[Spelling police]
Geometry
Receipts
[/Spelling police]

Also, if we're being picky (which I am), I'd start each line with Caps.

And, do you just have one 182 wheel? :rasp:

PS. I know everyone else has told you to drop the price, and while I think £3k is probably a bit enthusiastic, make sure you've got room to drop a couple of hundred off the price without getting upset, buyer will feel they've got a deal, and you feel like you haven't lost out.

PPS. I think I'd forget to mention the tinted windows too...

I agree with this guy