ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would this throw tracking/alignment out?

This is probably a very stupid question, but I've fitted the following today :

Changed from Standard 182 Alloys to ET38.5 Turinis, Brand New Michelin PS3's (195's compared to 205's on the old alloys)
Stud and Nut Kit
10mm Front Spacers (Non-Hubcentric)
10mm Rear Hub Spacers

Driving the car tonight since fitting all the above, the car is pulling right if the steering wheel is kept straight or if you want to go go straight you have to turn the steering wheel to around 10 o'clock

It was spot on before, car would go straight when steering wheel straight

So yes I've changed a lot to do with the width of the car, but technically it's all been done symmetrical and evenly - what's been done on one side has been done the same the other side

Surely fitting spacers and different wheels shouldn't need new alignment setting up?

Trying to work out if there is something more fundamentally wrong...

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Chances are something would of messed the alignment.
I would have it all re-alligned anyway. Will more than likely sort it instead of doing your head in chasing loose ends.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
My tracking was fine untill all i changed was the tyres and it was pulling to one side after.
Took it for a hunter alignment and it was fine after that.
Not to expensive to have them tracked either and it is a lot mre pleasent to not have to keep fighting the wheel to go straight.
Hope you get it sorted buddy.

Clio 172
If I so much as breathe too heavily on my steering wheel it will go out of alignment, I give up getting it aligned. Adding spacers will normally require re-alignment.