ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would you buy a clio 225 if it came out

I was thinking about this today, if when the new Renaultsport Clio came out in 2006 it was actually a clio 225 i.e. it had the meggy turbo lump in it. I know this has been denied by Renault as not going to happen as another 20 bhp or so could probably be eeked out of the n/a F4R lump, but think about it there will be no V6 255 the 182 will become the 192 or the 202 or something like that, it would kind of make sense to roll up the 2 models and produce a clio 225 with turbo power (an 18s of course), obviously not taking away from the V cos that is kind of unique but a genuine Renault clio turbo would be good. Thing is, would you pay the 17 to 19 grand it would cost or go for something else? I know it a funny question to ask but wondered if anyone had any thoughts on this?

i would wait for reviews before buying, thats a lot of power in what will be an unkown/untested small chassis.

turbo lump is quite heavy to iirc might spoil the nimble small car appeal

Chucking a hugely powerful engine into a little car does not make it great. The whole thing about the current Clio is that it has the right power to go with a fantastic chassis. Its not all about straight line speed with the Clio, its about the whole package. I think the only reason theyll be uping the power to 192 0r 202 in the next clio is to cope with the extra weight required for extra safety features. No i wouldnt pay that sort of money for a clio. Too small for one reason. Would want more car for my money.

I think when your gettin into the 200bhp zone in front wheel drive your going backwards in a sense!

FWD just cant cope with that much power, have you seen that mad alfa 147 with about 300 horses? Slower than CTR around Bedford Autodrome.

When your talkin that much power you lose all the fun and enjoyment fighting for traction.

Fu

225hp dci Clio Id buy and remap it.

Petrol you can forget it.

The F4R Renault sport Clio in its next incarnation will be under 200hp but it can make much much more.

172 cup'd extreme

i think the 150-180bhp mark is perfect for the size of the car, any more and you are fighting to get the traction down.
car makers have to build cars to a price and insurance cat too, with insurace getting more and more ridiculous in the uk i can see them turboin a clio imo.
i was speaking to a guy who works for renault/nissan uk (i work in insurance, thye guy told me the new clio is being build alongside the micra and will be heavier than the current clio therefore i can see the renault sport model having a few more horses but not many.

Quote: Originally posted by 16v_jon on 31 January 2005

i think the 150-180bhp mark is perfect for the size of the car, any more and you are fighting to get the traction down.
car makers have to build cars to a price and insurance cat too, with insurace getting more and more ridiculous in the uk i can see them turboin a clio imo.
i was speaking to a guy who works for renault/nissan uk (i work in insurance, thye guy told me the new clio is being build alongside the micra and will be heavier than the current clio therefore i can see the renault sport model having a few more horses but not many.
You an deal with more than 180hp on FWD there no issue there.

There no turbo Clio (diesel excepted)

The new Mica shares bits with the Clio but diffferent production plants. There trying to make it lighter than the present Clio and make it handle better.

Clio 197

If they plan on such a thing, there are two things they haver to work on IMO:

1) A new six speed box. The current Nissan box is not something youd want in your car...

2) A decent engine sound: Currently, the turbo takes up all of the sound. The exhaust bore is huge, but still no vavavoom!

Anyone agree?

personally no i wouldnt

i think the clios current power output is about right for its chassis, any more and its going to spoil the package IMHO

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

whilst i see the diesel is mentioned i hope they aint using the same lump that they put in the renault master its a 140bhp motor!!

id like to see the 225 motor available as i think it would be nice to have that kind of power available, need a 6 speeder defo, im sick of the 5 in my 172 its so restrictive

Lionel Richie

The new RS clio WILL have a 6 speed box (new engine code is F4N)

My clio will be out soon avec le megane RS 225 engine (but nearer to 280bhp) im still skint tho!!

j said:
FWD just cant cope with that much power, have you seen that mad alfa 147 with about 300 horses

If thats the Autodelta one, Top gear got it going round their track faster than the current M3.

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 01 February 2005
there will not be another V6 Clio tho .... :cry::cry: :(:(

didnt you mean to say

there will not be another majorly over priced clio for sale

it looks good, but no clio is worth that money

Ziel Nurburgring

Maybe the next Vee will have the 350Z lump in it, if the make one.

As for the next gen RS, i hope it stays NA and has around 200bhp. Turbo would only hike the insurance, drop the fuel economy and become hard work to drive quickly compared to the current set up.

Quote: Originally posted by R20 CWH on 31 January 2005

whilst i see the diesel is mentioned i hope they aint using the same lump that they put in the renault master its a 140bhp motor!!
Nope its a new engine 1.9 liter in size its a development of the 120hp 1.9 and is being first installed on the Laguna and Megan I think as well.

I thought the new Sport engine was the F4M as well Tom.

Be interesing to see what spec the engine is being given I cannot remember what M stands for for Renault.