ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would you buy a Renault again?

Have had my Cup for seven years this year.
Never missed a beat. I abuse the hell out of her (well drive her properly) and touch wood... nothings ever gone wrong...
A driveshaft went early on, partly due to my coilover setup but was replaced in a day under warranty.
I love the bloody piece o crap and whilst all my mates around me with VAG's and the likes had probs and got fed up... mine kept going.
I think every manufacturer will have probs, you know more about the Ren ones because you own one.

Trophy #490
Yep, I'd buy another in an instant. Hasn't put a foot wrong, it's embarrased many cars that cost three times as much, and still manages to put a smile on my face everytime I drive the thing. I plan to keep it forever, but my next Renault will be a v6 255 to join the Trophy. :D

PH Quick
I'm in the process of buying another clio. My first car was a 1.2 Clio, then after after few other cars i brought a Ph1 172, then after another few car i brought a Williams 3 and a few more cars and i'm buying a 182 this Saturday.

So in answer to the question yes i would buy another Renault.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Probably not actually. Although the 182 is fun and has given me nearly 4 years trouble free motoring I find the suspension hard, and the seats a bit uncomfortable.
However, thats not to say I wouldn't have a Megane etc.

I think my next daily car will be a German tank which although may be dull, is more comfy. I would still enjoy having my 182 as a fun car though.

BBC

CLIO 182 & Astra TwinTop
Certainly would! We have 3 Clios II in our family, a 1.2, 1.4 and the 182, all have been virtually faultless, cheap to run and never let us down. We had a 1.2 8 valve Clio II before and it reached 86,000 miles, was a learner car for my two sons and we sold it to a friend to teach their son to drive, even after a recent motorway crash in the snow it has been repaired and is running well. Still on original clutch too.

Ph1 172
I've had 11 cars and the clio has been the most reliable one of them all.

#Touch wood# it has never let me down in 20k miles and 18 months.
I've had german, jap and other french cars and they have all at some point gone wrong (some in bigger ways than others)

Worst thing that has happened to the 172 was the Oil filter coming abit loose.

I would definitely buy another Renault.
I've owned four clios and nothing major ever went wrong with them. Apart from the K reg 1.4 RT, that I bought for 85 quid, with six month's MOT. In six months it never missed a beat, only to succumb to rot on the rear sills. Sold it on to Dave at Rentech.

I however won't be buying the new Renaultsport Clio 200 - It's plain minging.

BG182®
I had a 1.2 Clio at first. I then sold for a 2.0 Pug due to not able to insure a 1*2 but I waited a few years and they day came this year and I aint looked back since.