ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Write off help please guys!

cooper s full areo kit...
Evening all,
Thanks for checking by.
Right basically I had a non fault car accident on sunday evening. I was going along a main road going past a turning on the left (T Juction into main road) at 30mph when 3rd party didnt stop at junction n collided into passenger side of my car at 50mph, spinning my car round 360 degs and ending in the fence oppersite.
Damage to car is front passenger wing, passenger door, rear passenger pannel, rear bumper, 2 alloys, side skirt, all trim and front and rear passenger window smashed, also the roof has gone really flexible although there isnt any visible damage/creases.
Question is, if it isnt a write off is there any way i can persuade the insurance company to write it off because it will go down as cat d decreasing the value.
Car is worth about 12 grand by the way.
Thanks guys and girls for the advice in advance

Tungy
Sorry to hear the bad news fella :(. Sounbsd like a deffo write off from your description though! Can you not claim off him?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
depends on if the chassis straight, if they write it off they write it off you wont have to worry about value, unless your buying it back, i would have said right off.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
if they repair it and thats a big IF then u can try using the legal cover on your policy, if u have it, to try and get loss of value compensation from him.

yer im claiming big time brad, theres no visible structual damage tho? He's admitted liability which is good, was just in right shock. Claiming for my neck back and shoulders, been signed off for a week from work, Im in agony!
As much as i like it, I dont feel the same and not 100% sure if will feel safe in it...

thanks for replys guys, yer got legal cover, bell legal cover are sorting all my legal out, They have sorted me out a solicitor from Manchester out!? Hes tryin to get me claim for the earth!

Chocolate Bar™
need pics really, as above, if the chassis is sound, and its just panel damage will prob be repaired. The car will only be categorised if they do write it off, if it is repaired, wont be a category at all

here you go guys, After a 172/182 hopefully if it is...
DSC00326.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

this is the rear where its split
DSC00323.jpg

Id be suprised if they write it off but it will be as strong and look like new once it's repaired.

Yer, Just had a chat with a mechanic mate and he says it all depends on the individual assesor. Have to see if it has done anything to the pillars. Be a waste if it is as the car is absolutely spotless!
Scared me big time tho, one hell of a bang!

Get the insurnace to sell it back or give it to you with a smaller cash sum use the money to fix the car with second hand parts as this will be upping your bill as they have to use new ones. Then put the rest of the cash in the bank for when you see to make up for the fact it won't be worth as much.

Lionel Richie
it'll probably be written off (catd) as repairs are based upon dealer prices for parts, and BMW parts ain't cheap

Mercedes SLK350
A mate of mine had an accident, car got taken to a compound to be assessed. He wanted it written off, but it was looking like they were going to repair the vehicle.

So he went and chucked a paving slab over the compound fence, which landed on the roof of his car. Hey presto, car was written off.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
can't tell from the pic if the structural integrity has been damaged - the side bars could be damaged from the pic - if they are then they'll write it off. VERY IMPORTANT - whatever you do DO NOT let the insurance companie's bodyshop have a go at it!!!!!!

Refuse it, take it to someone or somewhere you trust or get an independant to do the work if they are repairing it!!! I can't stress this enough!

Does the door still open?

Chocolate Bar™
it'll probably be written off (catd) as repairs are based upon dealer prices for parts, and BMW parts ain't cheap

depends if the cars over 3 years old, now its standard for insurance companies to use non standard parts on cars over 3 years old. Thats what admiral told me anyhow ;)

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
^ well thats true for admiral etc but not the 'better' insurance companies, they use real parts.

can't tell from the pic if the structural integrity has been damaged - the side bars could be damaged from the pic - if they are then they'll write it off. VERY IMPORTANT - whatever you do DO NOT let the insurance companie's bodyshop have a go at it!!!!!!

Refuse it, take it to someone or somewhere you trust or get an independant to do the work if they are repairing it!!! I can't stress this enough!

Does the door still open?

Cheers guys for replys, nope the door doesnt open cue, tried it as hard as i could! What is the option of gettin a second opinion on the car? Car i ask my insurance company to take the car elsewhere to get it assessed again? or will it be the same assessor?
Dont really no much about this tbh, never had it happened before!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
If that car is not written off and it gets fixed and you were selling it I WOULD NOT BUY IT !! gota look at it that way...

be heart braking if a person bought it for book price and then came to realise it has once been "caved" in !!

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
you have right of refusal - i.e. you can argue that it's a right off as the car won't run right - i should imagine that the chassis's bent.

Tangoed Works
If the door doesnt open, chances are the car might be bent in the middle and the door is wedged in. Looks like it has held the impact mightly well. Im sure a clio would have been clearly folded in the middle.