ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

write off...........

a black one
Was travelling home tonight from dads it was raining, went round a bend too fast and lost control of the car, skidded everywhere and crashed into the silver barriers at the side of the motorway, im absoloutely gutted and pissed off, first car... insurance is 3200 what is it going to be now, my car is fucked, what car should i be looking at now? insurance wise should i go as a named driver? i dont know what to do

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Ouch! I'm guessing you/your insurance will be billed the price for the barriers too? :( Least you're alright.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Sorry to hear this bud... Guessing you're all ok? Anyone else involved?

If you dont need to claim on your insurance, they probably dont need to know. Were the Police involved?

a black one
54 plate 1.2 16v 53k mileage no police involved, no one else involved but me, was a bit shook up at first but now its sinking in, loved that car!

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Get the car back and off the public highway. Is it still driveable?

I'd not be looking at claiming off the insurance for that.. for sure!

Save up some dolla, and get yourself another.. salve on your current car will be worth a few extra quid.

a black one
yeah only thing is i had to ring insurance to get the car recovered from the motorway :S, think its time to buy a new car and go as a named driver. (sigh)

edit all 4 wheels still rolling and driveable, pic going up asap.

a black one
gutted.jpg

blackberry cameras are shocking

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
mehh, get a bumper and a light unit, maybe boot lid? second hand bits, or hand yourself into insurance.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
ahh, i though you just slid the arse into the barrier. If it was me at your age/first car, i would be avioding insurance, thats what i did when i wacked mothers car at 17, got all the parts off ebay for £300, body shop wanted 2.5k lol

a black one
yeah the front grille is all smashed, cba buying another sport grille, so much stuff grrrr im gutted, i might just buy a leon or a golf tdi and go on as a named driver

a black one
its fucked mate, the front, ill get a pic tomorrow :(, sides all dented and the petrol cap is fucked :(

Being a name driver won't solve anything.

Buy the cheapest possible car you can find. Insure it on your own. Pay your own way.

At least you're okay. Could have been a lot worse.

Megane 225 F1
claiming will come and bite you in the ass for a long time being a young driver. Money will be gushing out your account quicker than you can make a girl orgasm.

Fix it yourself.

But now you've already got the insurance involved. If you try and get rid of them, if that's even possible, they're going to charge you hundreds for that recovery.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Was only a matter of time before gushing came into it, love it!

Last thing I'd do is start considering "Fronting" now. You've gotten insurance involved, if they're in the know about it, you'll just have to suck it up for a few years.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
and this is why insurance is so high for young drivers, wet roads, driving too fast round a bend, luckily u didnt take out any innocent drivers with your reckless driving, still at least your off the road now.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lady in the car? Overflow?

Anyway unlucky mate, you'll live and learn. Just feel lucky you didn't hit anyone.

It will slow you down in the future believe me. Most people get their first accident out the way early in their driving career and slow down in the future. You'll be paying for it for a few years.

Take your payment from the insurance company and move on mate. It's a decent car it's still worth a few quid (maybe not to CS) but the settlement figure will be okay and give you money to replace it.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
strip and sell bits, buy new car, done. dont tell insurance if you can get away with it

Disastra Coupe
Obviously can't turn back time but i wouldn't have phoned the insurance. I'd have been ringing some mates and getting it home myself.

Unlucky but you've learnt a lesson. Better luck with the next car :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Surely you'd rather get a payout than a smaller premium next year and a fûcked car!

Unlucky. The roads around my way were treacherous yesterday. Very little grip. Everyone else was still bombing about as though it was a dry summer day. Amazing.

Almost time to fit winter tyres.