ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Written off?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
In all fairness that's an estimate from an insurance assessor, which usually takes the piss a bit. They quoted me £1.5k for a repair which actually only cost £500.

Nowhere near 4k but you'd probably just squeeze it into 4 figures.

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
I'm interested as to why it's taken a month to get an initial repair cost estimate? Or was that a while ago and the OP has only just revealed the cost now?

In all fairness that's an estimate from an insurance assessor, which usually takes the piss a bit. They quoted me £1.5k for a repair which actually only cost £500.

Sounds about right eh Gally? :wink:

Cup In bits
There was no question of a write off. Accessors pick numbers from the clouds.

What I'm wondering is that why is the damaged bit brownish? Is that just me seeing it?

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I'm interested as to why it's taken a month to get an initial repair cost estimate? Or was that a while ago and the OP has only just revealed the cost now?

Sounds about right eh Gally? :wink:

They had the figures a while ago but being out of the country they have trouble with establishing contact.

Just need to get it settled and order a new civic as its replacement.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Getting the cheque through in a few days. Final figures:

Repair cost £13k
Insurance settlement £12.6k
Lease settlement 10.9k

New civic ordered and it works out cheaper by £90 per month.