ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Written off?

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
photo_zps150a3cac.jpg

Both airbags deployed but chassis leg seems to have avoided damage.

If it's written off need a replacement ASAP. Thinking of leasing a new Nissan Juke dci, Yeti Elegance or Focus.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Ouch,hope everyone was ok.
Hard to say if it will get wrote off.Being fairly new it stands a better chance of repair.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I wasn't there but my dad says he was going around 30mph outside Malmsbury Waitrose when a Fabia pulled out. It's all the crumple zone absorbing the energy but I'm guessing write off due to parts lead time, hire car and both airbags being deployed.

I'm pushing for a write off as this is leased for £259/mth and you can get a much nicer car for that price right now.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Ouch,hope everyone was ok.
Hard to say if it will get wrote off.Being fairly new it stands a better chance of repair.

The other driver had a cut but it was small. The fabianonly had the front O/s damage.

written off

and LOL at 4k ....... try doubling it and you might be close

both airbags deployed , that there is about 2k , no doubt seatbelt pretensioners as well (in fact almost certainly ) add another grand , so your looking at 3k and we havn't touched the outside yet ........

my volvo damage amounted to 18.5k in a 30 mph shunt , i would see that hyundi at 8k at least

it would be touch and go to be coming back ........

if i showed you my Lexus that got hit that was 9k , and was nothing like as bad as that .

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
by the looks no suspension damage, N/S leg crumple zone, bonnet, wing, headlight, bumper, slam panel, 2 airbags and pretensioners, paint, remember it's a lease car so will be at trade price,
i stand by £4k

You do realise that a lease car is insured buy the company or person who leased it , and it makes bugger all difference as it will be a straight insurnace quote ...

that and the insurer who will be paying out is the third party by the sound of it .

insurance companies always pay the least they can to the repairer , but the quote is never done at "trade" from what i have ever seen , but i guess i always could be wrong

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
It's a lease car but still getting repaired at Hyundai charged to the other insurance so probably a little more than that.

Gally minor tangent (just answer this one thing ) what were those leather wipes i needed to get ?

Beige interior 2 weeks in and errr , yeah , i had to use the volvo wipes that came in the glovebox :)

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
What is the common practise for writing off a lease car? Surely they give you another (of the same you had) and you continue as normal, no?

i can tell you exactly what happens when your write off a lease car as my volvo was one ........

the settlement come to you from your insurer after haggling for figure X
You ask your lease co for a settlerment figue informing them the car is written off this will be figure Y
Y - X is the amount of money that nice gap insurance you took out pays out for the difference if your car was subject to a total loss .
Lease company will want figure Y asap or will keep taking monthly payments ,and your going to have to come clean.

Not taken our gap on that lease car ........... hummm ......... FWIW the gap on mine at 15 months old was 5k

the higher the value of that lease car the most likely bigger gap

Yep, no gap insurance on a lease is pretty insane. Some insurance say they will replace a car if it's within the first year, but it's a lease so I'm not sure how that would really apply to someone whose leasing in that respect.

What happens then harv, you just lease a new one (start a new lease etc)?

Yep lease a new car again , however if the lease was a special offer promo or a stock car and cheap price you could again be screwed.

And list prices go up ,cars get facelifted etc etc so dont bank on starting again with the same car at the same price

It rarely works out that well

Happened when my lexus was hit a few years back , it was borderline write off and the assesor asked me which way did i want it going .... i got it repaired

And it cost admiral 42k in hire car costs !!

LOL ouch!
Yep as the lexus IS was new then (new model) it took nearly 6 month to get all parts and repair , i drove round in a spec. B legacy first and then an eclass merc , think i put 12k miles on the eclass , the flat 6 3.0 legacy had to go as doing 30k a year miles i was in the petrol station every other day lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My sisters lease car got written off and because it was only a year old she got a replacement. At the end of her lease she was over a grand up as the finance stayed the same but the car was a year newer! Lol

My sisters lease car got written off and because it was only a year old she got a replacement. At the end of her lease she was over a grand up as the finance stayed the same but the car was a year newer! Lol
you can do a substitution sometimes , however its rare it works that easily ?

sure that was a lease and not a PCP , as lease is a fixed cost , if the car is worth more then the lease co win ,not the punter?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
you can do a substitution sometimes , however its rare it works that easily ?

sure that was a lease and not a PCP , as lease is a fixed cost , if the car is worth more then the lease co win ,not the punter?
It was a lease. But from the outset, I knew what the buy back figure was as I wanted to buy it to sell on. Giving the profit to my sister obviously.
I did it, and she ended up with £1000 more the flukey cow!
From memory she still owes me a drink for that...

Where is our 4k joker now ?
Even my guess of 8k was more than 50% under.

It was close to my volvo damage at 18k which also had rear damage

Obviously its a write off at that value

My post above with before and after spending £4k on repairs still stands, it'd look identical - still fucked!

As harv says, repairs are generally not cheap - expensive labour, OEM or genuine parts most of the time.