ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wrong mileage showing

Cooper S
Hello,

I recently purchased a second hand 172, now the car has had a new clock put in at 13998 miles (I have verified this with renault) it now shows 10,444 on the new odometer.
It looks like in the next couple of months I will have to sell :(
This is due to me moving out parents home, my Question is should I sell the car as it is-or get the mileage digitally corrected to what it should be i.e 13998 + Current mileage.
It didn't bother me when I bought it as I checked with HPi against the mileage register, also with renault garages itself, but would it put off other people?
Just trying to get general opinion and some advice.

Many Thanks

I'd personally get it adjusted because I'm a nice guy and I'd hate to think the next owner would try and sell the car on and not tell the next owner why its low milage.
Some people would like to buy a car like this as they get it as a slight discount and can sell it on with a lower milage and not tell the next owner.

HBB

G81 M3 Touring & A35
Get it changed as stops some dodgy guy selling it as true mileage later in its life.

Cooper S
Will look into getting it changed then.
It's just I thought that if the True mileage is showing and it is taken into a Renault Dealership it's on the central network that the work has been carried out, i'll just have to mention itwhen I come to sell.

Stealth Bomber R26
Reno cant digitally change the mileage. I had a new one fitted to my 172 when the trip computer kept resetting itself. I asked them to put the proper mileage on to odometer but they said its impossible, so i got the to change the dash back. If it could be changed would increase the risk of cars being "clocked" for higher sale prices

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Im sure the good old lap top and a bit of software would easily clock any digital readout.There used to be a guy in ironbridge near me who used to do it on the sly for company cars and stuff a few years ago

ian

172 phaseII
ian 182 said:
Im sure the good old lap top and a bit of software would easily clock any digital readout.There used to be a guy in ironbridge near me who used to do it on the sly for company cars and stuff a few years ago

ian

yes there is one around bucks awell! very cheeky. wish i never buy a car that has been fiddled with in my life!

Saxo VTS
My first VTS had the odometer changed by Citroen, same thing happened in that it broke and was changed by Citroen officially. The odometer cannot be changed (allegedly). The clock was changed on 13000, i then went to sell my car as a px at a garage with 30k on the clock (43k in total). The garage took my reading without telling me and did a HPi check on the car without me knowing stating the mileage as 30k.

A few days later i got a letter off the DVLA stating that they wanted my car to be fully inspected due to having false mileage and the fact that it had had a odometer changed to verify the mileage. I rang them up and told them about the odometer and the current mileage on the new one, they left me alone after that. You have to be careful with them. As long as its fully documented, i'd leave it at that......