ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wrong oil

I put some semi-synthetic oil in my clio williams just to top it up as it was low, cant remember what went in it b4 and the car is now idling funny like revving on its own. Could this be because the oil b4 was non-synthetic or fully synthetic? What should i do now? Can it cause any damage?

No - its probably not the oil. It sounds like its a coincidental problem.

What will make your car idle oddly would most likely be down to ignition, induction or fueling.

Known idle problems on the 16v/Willy are usually to do with the idle-speed control valve or the throttle potentionometer. Have you got your Haynes manual handy??!

No i havent got a haynes manual, im hoping it was just a one off today and it will be normal again 2moro. The idle wasnt that bad it didnt cut out or anything so it may be ok next time. Thanks 4 ur response il keep you posted

Ad

clio williams, Ph1 172

Mine does that sometimes. Seems to be ok now though. weather effects it. I took my potentiometer off and jiggled it about a bit and put it back on and its running loads better now.