ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wrote my clio off

Status
Not open for further replies.
  RB 182 Cup
result of lift off over steer, i got no exuse.. but whew am gutted.

31385318316310175556810.jpg

RB 182 Cup
i just dont know what to do now.. buy another clio? get it fixed.. buy a clio with engine problems and engine swap.. this car has had thousands spent on it, all work done at renault within 1500 miles..

dephaser / cambelt / waterpump £1300+
clutch £400
engine mount..
gearbox mount
drive shafts £300
remapped £300

this is a short list :-/ all work been done within 2 mths..

Bad luck mate :(

Sods law it happens just after shelling out that amount of cash on it as well. Get estimations on how much it'll be to put it right and go from there. I'd expect it to be pretty expensive though :|

Stagecoach Ticket
claim on your insurance? write it off buy it back and use the money to fix it and carrying on modding

is1

Integra Type R DC2
i just dont know what to do now.. buy another clio? get it fixed.. buy a clio with engine problems and engine swap.. this car has had thousands spent on it, all work done at renault within 1500 miles..

dephaser / cambelt / waterpump £1300+
clutch £400
engine mount..
gearbox mount
drive shafts £300
remapped £300

this is a short list :-/ all work been done within 2 mths..

We live and learn. If the insurance pays out, just move on.
Plenty more fish in the sea.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
ouch not good mate maybe you wont go lifting off in a corner again my rear end hops out even without lifting off so i would hate to chuck it into a bend and lift of at the same time.

Listerine & Poledo
Glad you're OK.

Shame about another RS biting the dust.

As Brundle would say
"It's a clear cut case of ambition over adhesion, and from that point on he was only ever going to be heading straight to the scene of the accident"

Get the rear seats out and see if the floor is creased where the rear beam bolts to the floor.

It might just need a new rear beam as they are made of cheese.

Wing + bumper wont be dear.

Listerine & Poledo
wing, bumper, beam, spray job and other unseen issues?
or
Buy another and maybe asset-strip the dead one?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'm so scared of this lift off oversteer, never had it happen yet.

Unlucky though :(

When it's wet, just go into a roundabout a bit quicker than normal still applying the throttle, then quickly let off. Back should step out. You could do the old scandinavian flick to encourage it too.

Disclaimer - please don't do what I said above. For info only ;)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol tried it plenty of times in controlled conditions, nothing, wobbles abit, only time it came out was on one corner on a track day, but it's wasn't cos i lifted off, was odd.

Mk5 golf gti
been there done that and took something positive from it.

learn from it is the best advice you will get.

Listerine & Poledo
My RS always feels like it's going to skip ut on right-handers.

solid on lefts though.

It's like some sort of US-spec Kyle Busch special

Fiesta ST-3
When it's wet, just go into a roundabout a bit quicker than normal still applying the throttle, then quickly let off. Back should step out. You could do the old scandinavian flick to encourage it too.

Disclaimer - please don't do what I said above. For info only ;)

FOL @ scandanavian flick!!!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
lol tried it plenty of times in controlled conditions, nothing, wobbles abit, only time it came out was on one corner on a track day, but it's wasn't cos i lifted off, was odd.

You're not going fast enough then lol! I've unwittingly done it in my 1.poo, going round a roundabout a bit too fast, felt like the car was going to understeer so stupidly let off the throttle, back end out...

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
:( had rev loads of revs in 2nd, steer hard, lift off nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.