ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WTF am I supposed to do with this

Hi, Ive just recently brought a mk1 Clio without a stereo.

Im wanting to put a CD player in the car but I need to know if theres any specific one or things I need, this is what Im currently left with.

Please be gentle its my first car and as you can tell clearly I dont know too much about wiring up head units etc..

Image here....

http://darrenjones88.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/clio/wtf.jpghttp://darrenjones88.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/clio/wtf.jpg

[Edited by _simon_ on 20 August 2005 at 6:37pm link made hyper]

Some bad adapter.
You should have two looms going to the car.. one for speakers, the other for power etc..

Trace them if you can and get rid of that.. then itll just plug into most stereos!

Hi Daz, I checked under the front speakers and each one has a little connector with 5 wires coming out of it numbered 12345.
Do I need all the wires that I photographed still?

The whole thing looks odd.. the plug is red.. it shouldnt be.. and there should be two plugs.

Do you have anything else behind the stereo?

Nope thats all I got that big connector with wires coming out and the little one which I assumes the aerial, Plus the two speaker connectors I found with your help.
In the middle of the big connector it pulls away leaving just the rear of that redbox and lots of pins.
Do you know as an est. how much itd cost to get an audio shop to rewire it all because one of the previous owners must have assed it up.

Where do you live, get it to Bedford and ill sort it for you, free of charge.

p.s. bring the head unit you want fitted and ill do that for ya too.

Cheers mate I was planning on getting a head unit from there anyway and have them fit it under a deal where they fit it for free if you buy a certain model, would they charge me extra when they see what a state the wirings in?

[Edited by DarrenRN on 8/20/2005 8:32:48 PM]

Steve Im in the Surrey area just outside London so a bit far from me but I cant tell you how much I appreciate the offer.

Not sure what Daz is going on about, this looks correct to me for an RN, but I could be wrong. From your photo it looks correct to me, not all the looms for the radios are the same. Halfords will have no probs fitting a new head unit for you.

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by DarrenRN on 20 August 2005

Cheers mate I was planning on getting a head unit from there anyway and have them fit it under a deal where they fit it for free if you buy a certain model, would they charge me extra when they see what a state the wirings in?

[Edited by DarrenRN on 8/20/2005 8:32:48 PM]

Steve Im in the Surrey area just outside London so a bit far from me but I cant tell you how much I appreciate the offer.

I cant see that they could charge you more because of the state of the wiring unless they have someting in small print. If they tried to you could just say you wanted a refund on the HU as you only got it for the free fitting and I am sure they would soon change their tune.

Cheers mate, Ill take a trip down there when I get paid at the end of the month, got to get a new lockbarrel sorted out too as you can open the current one with a screwdriver lol.

Quote: Originally posted by steveV6 on 20 August 2005
Not sure what Daz is going on about, this looks correct to me for an RN, but I could be wrong. From your photo it looks correct to me, not all the looms for the radios are the same. Halfords will have no probs fitting a new head unit for you.

I cant think its different than any other Mk1.. if it is, then thats crazy.
Both my Williams were the same.. along with my 1.2..

Starting to think now, but Im 99% sure there are two blocks - one for power etc.. one for speakers.

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 20 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by steveV6 on 20 August 2005

I cant think its different than any other Mk1.. if it is, then thats crazy.
Both my Williams were the same.. along with my 1.2..

Starting to think now, but Im 99% sure there are two blocks - one for power etc.. one for speakers.

Well you could be right, but im sure its different on some of the base models due to the basic type of head unit fitted from new.

looks the same as my old gtturbo was behind the dash. £10 for a connector from halfords will get you a loom with one red plug on one end and the iso (one black one brown) plugs on the other. that type will connect into the harness on the back of 99%of head units.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

That red connector should pull apart. Id say judging by the number of wires youve got there, the speakers and the power cables are all together rather than on two separate connectors.

Just needs an adapter to go from the red connector into the back of your head unit. Have a go at it yourself before spending £35 to get Halfords to do it.

Could well be but I dont know if the speakers are already wired into that red box as theres one unplugged connector underneath each of the front speakers.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Are the speakers connected to any wires? If not, will the connector that is loose beneath the speaker fit into it?

SC 172 FF

get an adapter 2 go on the end of them wires m8 then after youv got ur head unit fitted ull kno wether your speakers r wired up, if there not workin then those loose wires youv found probably shudnt b loose! lol

2005 Impreza WRX STI

lol, cant be arsed to read all the thread.....

but, if you unplug the red connector and go to halfords and ask for a renault to iso connector, plug them together and then itl fit right into your iso leads on the stereo!the connectors cost about £15

Paul

Not even sure if theres any power going to them leads as theres a unused wire coming from the battery Id say its about 5x2cm long with lots of holes in the end where pins go into, whether its a power lead which used to go to an amp I dont know but its got all the original crappy speakers in so I doubt it.

SC 172 FF

Quote: Originally posted by DarrenRN on 23 August 2005

Not even sure if theres any power going to them leads as theres a unused wire coming from the battery Id say its about 5x2cm long with lots of holes in the end where pins go into, whether its a power lead which used to go to an amp I dont know but its got all the original crappy speakers in so I doubt it.

it could be though m8....iv got an amp and sub in mine with standards....only cuz im skint atm though lol