ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WTF is going on in my engine bay! (injector rail clio 16v)

Clio 172
Ok found this today:

wtf4dh.jpg

That cant be right? How do I go about fixing it?

Im also sure I have never seen this on a clio 16v before either:

ok9cn.jpg

Any advice + parts I need to buy?

Thanks

Dunno, tbh i haven't got a valver, and so i'm not 100% familier where all teh tubes etc go, now if it was a F3P lump.......

Audi TT 225 Quattro
where does the other end of the pipe connect to?? if u could tell me ill have a look on mine and see where it goes.

LiquidPhoto.co.uk
has it had a power boost valve or something on it?

cant work out where that goes either, trace it to the other end and post piccys!

tiTTy & SV650
see the thing with the cable tie hooked round it, whats that? is there a brass spigot or something in there?

tiTTy & SV650
being a vacuum hose it prob goes to the throttle body or inlet manifold. maybe to a map sensor, the length of it is a give away see where it will reach and look for a spigot in that region.

Skoda Fabia vRS
is there a hose connected to the fuel pressure regulator on the end of the rail ?

BMW 320d Sport
LOL WTF!
That's one hell of a bodge. Seems you've got two bolt-in-end-of-pipe problems. I've not looked at a valver engine bay for a couple of months, but IIRC it goes like this...The factory fuel rail has a connection at the o/s end and half way down. One is flow from the fuel pump and the other is return to the tank. The n/s end of the rail has a top-hat shaped one-piece fuel pressure regulator with internal channels that basically just plugs in the end of the rail. It's pretty small and simply diverts and excess fuel back down the top side of the rail (internally) to the return outlet half way down the rail. It also has its own rubber vacuum connection that comes from the smaller metal pipe under the one that goes round the front of the cam cover. So far so good.

When you plumb in an FSE 'Power Boost Valve' - which is essentially just a remote adjustable fuel pressure regulator - you replace the small factory regulator with an adapter with a 90 degree outlet. This adapter has no return channel within it, because it's just used to flow the fuel onwards to your new PBV remote regulator. Once it gets there it goes in one side of the PBV, and the return pipe comes out the other. The return pipe is then connected by a long fuel hose back to the factory return pipe. This is still plugged into the middle of the fuel rail, but obviously now there's no return flow through this, so it's unplugged from the rail, and connected with a joiner to your return pipe from the PBV. The factory vacuum hose is far too short so it's replaced with a longer piece that stretches to your new PBV location and plugged in the top. Simple LOL

There should be nothing with a bolt bodged into the end of it; all these pipes and hoses are necessary for correct running. To return everything back to normal, the following should have been done:
Remove PBV, its two fuel hoses and single vacuum hose.
Push factory return pipe back onto the middle of the fuel rail.
Remove PBV adapter and replace with factory 'top hat' regulator in end of rail.
Connect factory adapter back to vacuum using original short U-shaped hose or shorten PBV vacuum hose and use that.

Hope this helps.

BMW 320d Sport
BTW from what I can see, at the moment you have NO fuel pressure regulation at the moment. Your engine will run as long as your pump's OK but it's not right and stuff will start to knacker up soon. Your fuelling will be out of whack and at the very best it'll be costing you fuel economy.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
the piece of pipe thats coming from the fual rail needs to b connected to the thin metal pipe that the other long bit of hose is on. the thin metal pipe runs under another pipe then bends back on itself with another small rubber pip coming off that then going in to the inlet manifold. a couple of pics...

DSC01536.jpg

the pipe it runs under
DSC01537.jpg

after pipe doing u turn back into inlet
DSC01538.jpg

Fcukin hell - thats a bodge and half!!!!

I have a spare std fuel regulator sitting here btw...don't know how much a new one will be (would expect over 20quid anyway) but its yours for a tenner if you want...i'll even fit it for a fiver so cheaper than your garage/renault (and done properly)!

PM if interested...i'll be at home tomorrow and most evenings next week...half hour job max once the engine is relatively cool..

P.S That bit thats still bolted into the fuel rail was the adapter i was after when i bought the PBV off you! :)