ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wuddy 182 refurb project

182, S-Type 3.0L
New to the forums, I am from Bristol, recently picked up a black 182 in bad shape. This is my 5th Clio, but my 1st fast one!
Here is the car:
s8sd2n5.jpg

It has the following mods (that I can tell)
Wheels painted black, stickers, missing badges, lowered (eibach springs), stainless cat back exhaust, cat from a different car (not sure what, it's a renault cat but it's flanged on both ends not like a normal 182 cat), broken speaker wires with sellotape allover them (below, ugh)
VH95HGQ.png

The cat is snapped, just welded it back together today, going to be taking the car to infinity exhausts on monday to fit my new 182 cat.
Qz84maz.png

Have purchased the following goodies:
Pioneer stereo, 4 alpine speakers, speaker wire, grommits to cover the holes where the headlight washers go (1 is missing), 182 cat, new exhaust hangers, new aerial, clio sport badges, badges for the wheels, indicator bulb

Still looking for some original springs to bring the car back up to normal ride height.

Next job is to fit the welded cat back to the car so I can drive it to Infinity on Monday and I will be taking the seats out laying my new speaker cables this weekend and getting that all hooked up to the new stereo.
Future mods will include a new clutch cable, possibly a refurbished gearbox as 2nd gear needs a little TLC.

There's something really satisfying about sorting a car, my last project was my Jaguar S-Type which I bought for £800 it's my daily driver at the moment, did a lot of engine and gearbox work on it to get it running right but it's so satisfying now, it's pretty much the polar opposite of the Clio!

New to the forums, I am from Bristol, recently picked up a black 182 in bad shape. This is my 5th Clio, but my 1st fast one!
Here is the car:
s8sd2n5.jpg

It has the following mods (that I can tell)
Wheels painted black, stickers, missing badges, lowered (eibach springs), stainless cat back exhaust, cat from a different car (not sure what, it's a renault cat but it's flanged on both ends not like a normal 182 cat), broken speaker wires with sellotape allover them (below, ugh)
VH95HGQ.png

The cat is snapped, just welded it back together today, going to be taking the car to infinity exhausts on monday to fit my new 182 cat.
Qz84maz.png

Have purchased the following goodies:
Pioneer stereo, 4 alpine speakers, speaker wire, grommits to cover the holes where the headlight washers go (1 is missing), 182 cat, new exhaust hangers, new aerial, clio sport badges, badges for the wheels, indicator bulb

Still looking for some original springs to bring the car back up to normal ride height.

Next job is to fit the welded cat back to the car so I can drive it to Infinity on Monday and I will be taking the seats out laying my new speaker cables this weekend and getting that all hooked up to the new stereo.
Future mods will include a new clutch cable, possibly a refurbished gearbox as 2nd gear needs a little TLC.

There's something really satisfying about sorting a car, my last project was my Jaguar S-Type which I bought for £800 it's my daily driver at the moment, did a lot of engine and gearbox work on it to get it running right but it's so satisfying now, it's pretty much the polar opposite of the Clio!
I'll have to check but I might have some original 172 springs from my last car. It came with Apex's on and the previous owner gave me the originals. If they fit the 182's your more than welcome to view them and go from there?

182, S-Type 3.0L
I'll have to check but I might have some original 172 springs from my last car. It came with Apex's on and the previous owner gave me the originals. If they fit the 182's your more than welcome to view them and go from there?
Thanks James, that would be great! I'll do some research and try to find out if they will fit.

Meanwhile I just fitted the welded cat and the car is like a different car to drive, all the torque has come back at low RPM and it's no longer hard work in traffic, i'm glad because I was worrying there was something more serious wrong with the car the way it was driving.
es7QvvZ.jpg

This is the reason the cat has snapped (missing exhaust hanger - I have used loads of cable ties to try take some pressure off the cat in the meantime)
a1jo4f3.png

I will still be going to Infinity on Monday to get it properly sorted, the whole system has been putting way too much pressure on the cat and it looks like it's been welded before, also I'd really like to fit my proper 182 cat and get the exhaust hanging right.

Thanks James, that would be great! I'll do some research and try to find out if they will fit.

Meanwhile I just fitted the welded cat and the car is like a different car to drive, all the torque has come back at low RPM and it's no longer hard work in traffic, i'm glad because I was worrying there was something more serious wrong with the car the way it was driving.
es7QvvZ.jpg

This is the reason the cat has snapped (missing exhaust hanger - I have used loads of cable ties to try take some pressure off the cat in the meantime)
a1jo4f3.png

I will still be going to Infinity on Monday to get it properly sorted, the whole system has been putting way too much pressure on the cat and it looks like it's been welded before, also I'd really like to fit my proper 182 cat and get the exhaust hanging right.
Ok I'll have a look for them a bit later, just got home.

1.2 & Artic 182
What was up with the aerial? Was it just yanked out?
Shame about the de-badging, it gives the car so much character with them.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Good luck with it, im sure this will be a good project and look forward to updates.
Would tuck the intake elbow and the exhaust u trim away, they will come in handy one day.

182, S-Type 3.0L
Busy day today!
Replaced the headlamp jet and hole with rubber and replaced some bulbs in the headlights that were gone.
LzcZts3.jpg

New battery, old one was way too big and preventing the air intake hose from fitting to the airbox, detached the sub-power cable that someone has run to the boot (now cable tied out of the way)
dsrloHw.jpg

Old Eibach springs on the rear have come out.
H98ifo5.jpg

Here's the old Eibach spring vs the new OE spring
OEDGkV4.jpg

LED panel light is amazing for working on the car :)
0JXJxlk.jpg

Clio badge is on!
yQiNOL2.jpg

The new stance (until I replace the front springs tomorrow!!)
SAhmejS.jpg

If anyone wants the Eibach springs give me a message, they're in really good condition.

182, S-Type 3.0L
Did the front shocks today. What a pain in the arse!
Would never have been able to do it without the impact gun and a big hammer, spent about 30 minutes changing the springs and 4 hours getting out rusty bolts.

Pictures below, too tired to write anything! drives better now.
E7GRgbu.jpg
3ntwv13.jpg
J67JcS6.png
D6LbCiP.png
Nr83ixp.jpg
SmQcHXp.jpg

182, S-Type 3.0L
what the hell have you done?! Now its not low any more....now its to high!

are you shure that you did Mount the right springs?

I believe they are the correct springs, I'll take a proper side on shot when the springs have settled, the car had only just been taken off the jack in that picture and the springs had never been compressed.

Whether it's the exact factory height or not it drives lovely now and still corners like a beast!

Just been to Infinity Exhausts and they have fit my new Cat with some modifications, car is fast now! Still very loud though, not sure what exhausts I have...

182, S-Type 3.0L
Fitted an audio stalk control to pioneer adapter today.
My audio stalk is broken and won't stay in so I fixed with a captive nut:
ArMgxIC.png

Inserted on the locking side in between the wiring connector so that the connector holds it to the stalk and when inserted it will lock the stalk in place.
Z4j8qyw.png

All working nicely although I have become a serial track-skipper now!

182, S-Type 3.0L
Got the polish out today before the bad weather arrives!

2015-11-20 15.52.33.jpg

(And yes that is an ass print in my bonnet, someone was kind enough to leave while stealing the number plates from my jaguar.)

182, S-Type 3.0L
Next jobs:
Fit KTEC Coilovers (purchased) (not happy with the suspension at all)
Replace engine oil (purchased)
Re-seal the rocker cover to stop oil going on manifold and smelling (purchased sealant) (Anyone got a link to a good guide for this?)
Replace reverse switch in gearbox (purchased)
Replace gearbox oil (purchased)
Fix thread in wheel hub - one of the threads is fooked driver side 😧
Fit new spark plugs (purchased)
Clean rain sensor

After all that it will probably be time to work out what the hell is causing all the banging when I am manoeuvring and stuff... I had a ball joint replaced but it wasn't that.. could be engine mounts i guess.

Who the hell steals number plates... Gypo's probably. Power steering pumps can knock when they start wearing out apparently. Mines got quite a clunk when doing a three point turn on full lock.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Who the hell steals number plates... Gypo's probably. Power steering pumps can knock when they start wearing out apparently. Mines got quite a clunk when doing a three point turn on full lock.
I had my number plates stolen a while ago, I had literally put my private plate on my car that evening and by the morning they'd gone. Make sure you report it as all sorts of nasty stuff can come your way.

182, S-Type 3.0L
Next jobs:
Fit KTEC Coilovers (purchased) (not happy with the suspension at all) Done
Replace engine oil (purchased)
Re-seal the rocker cover to stop oil going on manifold and smelling (purchased sealant) (Anyone got a link to a good guide for this?)
Replace reverse switch in gearbox (purchased) Done
Replace gearbox oil (purchased) Done
Fix thread in wheel hub - one of the threads is fooked driver side 😧 Done
Fit new spark plugs (purchased) Done
Clean rain sensor
Fix exhaust Done

Time for MOT!!! (Friday) Wish me luck