ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WWDC June 10-14 2013

wwdchedimg619px.jpg

In a statement, Apple's Phil Schiller says that its "developers have had the most prolific and profitable year ever, and we're excited to show them the latest advances in software technologies and developer tools to help them create innovative new apps," adding, "we can't wait to get new versions of iOS and OS X into their hands at WWDC."

Bus w**ker
There's some great concept videos floating about, sadly I very much doubt that iOS7 will incorporate any of the features (currently most of which are available to Jailbreakers). If I'm honest I highly doubt that iOS7 will differ all that much, if at all, to iOS5/6. And if that's the case I don't see the future being to bright for iPhone sales.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
There's some great concept videos floating about, sadly I very much doubt that iOS7 will incorporate any of the features (currently most of which are available to Jailbreakers). If I'm honest I highly doubt that iOS7 will differ all that much, if at all, to iOS5/6. And if that's the case I don't see the future being to bright for iPhone sales.

All people want is widgets and themes.

iOS still functions better IMHO than the competition.

Bus w**ker
All people want is widgets and themes.

iOS still functions better IMHO than the competition.

I've not really used Android properly and I've still not seen BB10 or paid any attention at all to Windows or Firefox OS', so I can't compare.

But from running jailbroken to vanilla there is so much missing from iOS6 that Apple could easily incorporate and I'm getting a bit bored of them taking old software and rebranding it, when really we should only be up to something like iOS4.3.6. That said though, Apple are still shifting more handsets than ever, so they do know what they're doing.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
So Tom what's going to be the big story at this one? Anything exciting?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
On another note I had a good friend offer me some brand new half price Apple products today. He has Iphone5 x5 (£250 each). Imac 20" x5 (£500 each) and iirc Macbook air x5 (£400 each).

Bus w**ker
On another note I had a good friend offer me some brand new half price Apple products today. He has Iphone5 x5 (£250 each). Imac 20" x5 (£500 each) and iirc Macbook air x5 (£400 each).

So stolen goods then. Awesome.

Can't help feeling this could prove to be one of the most important WWDCs in recent years for Apple. iOS is still great, but (some) people are becoming bored of it. Could Jony Ive be the man to help revamp it? You'd think so..

They announced profits fell for the first time in a decade the other day, and have also delayed plans for an office building at their new headquarters due to spiralling costs.

It vaguely reminds me of the Apple before the iPod arrived. Do they need something equally as groundbreaking to claw back those who've gone across to android etc? Not really, but let's see...

Does your mate wear a balaclava?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No, it's to do with bulk buying actually. Comes avec warranty. This the iPads were 2s but new. He has sold stuff to people at work before. He's an older guy certainly not a thief.

Bus w**ker
There's little to no mark up to be made on iPhones, at least when it's the latest model, so they're certainly not legit if they're nearly £280 less than RRP PMSL.

dk

911 GTS Cab
There's little to no mark up to be made on iPhones, at least when it's the latest model, so they're certainly not legit if they're nearly £280 less than RRP PMSL.
I concur, we are an apple reseller and there's feck all money in the kit, even with bulk buying.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm well we'll find out soon enough chaps. I'll let you guys know.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm i'm not shocked at the scepticism but i'm only telling you what I was asked. No money paid until items are with the person etc.

Not sure why this guy would be talking bull.

Maybe they did fall off a truck though! :eek:

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm i'm not shocked at the scepticism but i'm only telling you what I was asked. No money paid until items are with the person etc.

Not sure why this guy would be talking bull.

Maybe they did fall off a truck though! :eek:

If legit, grab me a 5 ;) need rid of the Android s**te.

Bus w**ker
Tell him to send me one. I'll stick it on the network and see how long it takes to come up telling me it's blocked. And no, I'm not paying a penny.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Seems like this thread has derailed ever so slightly.

Phone is a phone at the end of the day and in my opinion apple does it perfectly FOR ME.

I can see why people are saying Apple are falling backwards very quickly though. They've had a very good run and fair play to them but I think its time for "The next big thing" the all new Nokia 3210...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
What makes you think they are falling backwards?

Or do you mean simply in terms of innovation and new features?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
What makes you think they are falling backwards?

Or do you mean simply in terms of innovation and new features?

Backwards in the sales to competitors. More and more are buying other devices.

In relation to innovtion and features... Not really. What more can they do? Its only a smart phone at the end of the day.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Well they aren't at all. iPhone and iPad sales have never been higher.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Well that's obvious.

A market that barely existed to a market that is very well developed would mean that growth would slow.

Certainly not alarming, maybe if you are out to make money from shares as there is no "quick" way to get a (massive) profit from AAPL anymore. This is not a Nokia situation by any estimation, that was alarming.

320d M Sport
I'm intrigued to see what they'll announce too. No hardware I take it?

On a separate note have a look at how Samsung tried to capture the YOOF market this weekend... This was the launch of the Galaxy S4 in Turkey... Pretty impressive to be honest :

apuvuge4.jpg