ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

x mas prezzie

mrs said today for xmas she will get me either a ps3 or xbox 360 elite with 4 games of my choice.

what do i get people.

only have a normal 32 inch panasonic quantrix tele at the mo but moving soon then hoping to get a samsung 37ich lcd with hd ect ect.

what will be the best for me?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
My mate asked the same. I'd have to say with the back catalogue of top, top games, the XBox360 is better as a games console. If you're talking technology, then the PS3 has blu-ray capabilities. XBox360 for gaming IMVHO.

Get a warranty or home insurance on them though! lol.

Integra Type-R DC2
Sexbox, more games and more common = more people to play with online.

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Xbox has better games, more games and better online play. As a pure games console it is better than the PS3 however if you are a technology freek then the PS3 would be better with all the extras

997.1, Caddy, e208
Elite isnt much better than a premium to be fair.

Ive not used any of my 20GB Hard Drive so 120GB seems excessive.

Although you should get the new falcon motherboard with extra heatsink with an elite.

yea u do, u get the new chip, so no red lights,

new fan so no annoying noise, bigger hard drive and wirless this and that.

all for extra £50.

997.1, Caddy, e208
Err - the red rings are still there, just not as frequent, Premiums are wireless anyway (to the same extent)

HDMI output isnt really noticeable over component also the recent builds of the 360 premium have HDMI and the 65nm chip.

997.1, Caddy, e208
Also fans are the same - I believe.

Noise difference would mainly come from the DVD Drive if you land a BenQ drive.

oh right, so would u say that the elite isd the way forward, to be fair id only play football and racing sim games mostley, and by looking at thinks i think forza looks better then gt5, was nevera fan of gt really.

997.1, Caddy, e208
Elite is obviously a better model, but IMO to the average joe it doesnt provide much more.

Its quiter and WILL have the 2nd heatsink / HDMI

Yet Play.com will sell you a premium with the heatsink/HDMI

My 360 doesnt have either but I dont care one bit.

Until it gets 3 red rings lol.

dk

911 GTS Cab
xbox 360 is easier to hack and get illegal games, surely thats high on your list? ;)

Depends if you are into high def movies, if you are then the ps3 makes sense, if not then go for the games machine, will need to add a wireless adapter though and a play and charge kit.

BTW, i wouldn't get a 20gb hdd one as its too small, its only 13gb after formatting and the backwards compatibility stuff and i am constantly deleting things from mine to download new demos.

997.1, Caddy, e208
You get warranty from Play ;)

3 reds is 3 year warranty too.

Keep it in a well ventilated area - its actually cause by turning it on/off alot - you can run it for weeks constantly.

Its heating the board up it bends similar to a bit of bread under the grill, when it is turned off it bends back, but as its cold it cracks.