ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

X Reg V6

53 plate 172

HI all,

Just wondering if this is a good price? My bruv is buying it from an independent dealer. Thanks

RENAULT CLIO 3.0 V6 Sport , 2 Doors, Manual 6 speed, 2000 X Reg , 17,000 miles, Metallic Titanium Silver. FULL RENULT SERVICE HISTORY,Renault RDS MULTI Play CD Player,17" OZ Superturismo Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, AIR CONDITIONING, Twin Front & Side Air Bags, Electric Front Windows, Electric Heated Door Mirrors, Power Steering, Twin Air Bags, Twin Central Rear Exhaust Pipes, Side Impact Protection Beams, CAT 1 Remote Central Locking Alarm Immoblisier, Sports Half Swede/Half Leather Interior, ( NUMBER 2 OF 500 BUILT ) OUTSTANDING CONDITION £13,495

MERCEDES CLS AMG

has this got a badge stating it is number 2 ? The reason being is i bought one of the original prototypes of Dave appleby who purchased the equipment of TWR the company that designed and built the V6 for Renault. These cars were used by the managing directors of TWR as there company cars. He had a batch of these V6 clios for sale all on X plates which is quite rare. These cars arent actually recorded on the V6 register and they dont have the metal plate with the cars manufactured number on. I bought the car for £10k 2 years ago and sold it to a dealer in wigan. Apparently the car i bought was the 2nd one ever built, hence the question.

The very 1st V6 ever built was actually based on a black 1.6 16v clio. Dave had this for sale ( it was a real shed though ) for £10k. The car came with the full design and technical data booklet from day 1 when they 1st brought the 1.6 16v into the workshop and it had every single detail on how they built the car up until the finishing date. The car was very rough as it was only a development car.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

i recognise the plate of it, i would be a bit careful, because it could have been used for mag features etc, I am sure I have seen it in magazines, so chances are it is going to have been driven hard (tried and tested) if you know what I mean.

clio v6

i agree mate...we went to a test day in a couple of silver ones one was written off on the day and the other broke a driveshaft.

we thrashed the livin sh#t out of them....be very carefull.

JAY BUNDHOO bought an X reg from CraigV6 at the end of last year...............that car was used a the Reno show car and came with the mags etc that it was featured in..............just some trivia for you :D

And heres the details of Craigs/JAYs when it was on ebay: -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9861&item=4510751992&rd=1http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9861&item=4510751992&rd=1

Youll notice that it is number 157.

Cya Stu

[Edited by stusV6 on 17 April 2005 at 10:00pm]

53 plate 172

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 13 April 2005

has this got a badge stating it is number 2 ? The reason being is i bought one of the original prototypes of Dave appleby who purchased the equipment of TWR the company that designed and built the V6 for Renault. These cars were used by the managing directors of TWR as there company cars. He had a batch of these V6 clios for sale all on X plates which is quite rare. These cars arent actually recorded on the V6 register and they dont have the metal plate with the cars manufactured number on. I bought the car for £10k 2 years ago and sold it to a dealer in wigan. Apparently the car i bought was the 2nd one ever built, hence the question.

The very 1st V6 ever built was actually based on a black 1.6 16v clio. Dave had this for sale ( it was a real shed though ) for £10k. The car came with the full design and technical data booklet from day 1 when they 1st brought the 1.6 16v into the workshop and it had every single detail on how they built the car up until the finishing date. The car was very rough as it was only a development car.

Can anybody tell me where the metal plate with the number on is usually fitted?

cheers

Aye, Ive got an x plate, mag featured car & its been fantastic from the day i got it. If the car is is in good condition and most of the v6 pitfalls have been sorted, your bruv will have had a very good buy.

Mark 1 Clio V6

Glad to hear you are enjoying it Jay.

You still havent posted any pics though - any chance of a few for old times sake????

I hope after the initial problem with going too fast you havent had any others.

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by stusV6 on 18 April 2005
Just behind the handbrake you have the hazard warning light switch.......the plate is just behind that :cool:Cya Stu

Good luck getting to the hazard warning switch in a hurry :)

Quote: Originally posted by CraigV6 on 18 April 2005

I hope after the initial problem with going too fast you havent had any others.

Ohhhhh.............whats this............going too fast tut tut tell tell :D

Cya Stu

PS hows the 225 going Craig plenty room for the shopping eh?

Mark 1 Clio V6

225 is good thanks Stu.

Yes plenty room for shopping for baby seat for friends.

Its surprisingly fast but because it doesnt make a roar like the V used to you dont know just how fast you are going until you look at the speedo. Dangerous!!!!!

Ill let Jay elaborate on the speed thing, but lets just say he was rushing to get the car home and cleaned.

Quote: Originally posted by Gambler on 11 May 2005

Update: the car lasted a week before breaking down !!!

So he swapped it for a Celica

seriously !!??
:eek: sod that.

ive seen one with the reg V24 TWR, i guess that was one of their demo cars?