ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

XB360 headset

172 Cup
I recently bought a Turtle beach headset from Argos for £12 which seemed a great price unfortunately the sound quality is shite. On top of that if I'm in a party I can barely hear what people are saying.

So without spending a fortune what headset can you recomend? I'm not fussed about it being wireless.

Get the X1s or X11s, I've got a spare set of x11's sitting here almost spanking that I'm about to flog.

I think they're brilliant, I'd get another set in the future, but probably wireless as the cables are epically huge.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Do you have the voice volume set to 10 and 'play through TV' set via the XBox?

The Turtle Beach XLC's are good for game sound, but the volume level for speech over XBox Live is quite low, so for some games with a lot of background noise you sometimes struggle to hear people properly, ok on quieter games though.

Hence why I upgraded to the Turtle Beach X11's which are better quality, amplified and have independant volume controls for speech and game sound, so you can balance the volumes to hear people clearly

They are £39.97 at Tesco

Mito Sportiva 135
I've got TB X31s which are wicked, however think they retial for around £100 so look for some off eBay, some good deals for second hand ones which should be fine.

i was thinking of getting a headset the other day then thought but why do i want one i have a decent stereo ! or am i missing the point

172 Cup
i was thinking of getting a headset the other day then thought but why do i want one i have a decent stereo ! or am i missing the point

Try using your decent stereo at 2am when you live in apartments. That's why I want a headset.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
i only play MW2 really

You will see a big benefit with a headset. You can hear footsteps around you and know where they are coming from. Also you can distinguish between your teams footsteps and the enemy's.

Mito Sportiva 135
Why use them?

Clearer stereo sound (really does help in sneaking up on people, hearing them approaching you, oncoming vehicles, direction of bullets etc)

Also chat is a lot clearer - sound and voice is independently adjustable.

I don't play without mine now, even for single player games.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i played about with a lot of them, even had the trittons before they got to this country, didn't touch my regular sennheisers though so sent them back. just my 2p.

Why use them?

Clearer stereo sound (really does help in sneaking up on people, hearing them approaching you, oncoming vehicles, direction of bullets etc)

Also chat is a lot clearer - sound and voice is independently adjustable.

i must admit i dont have an issue with stereo separation really well that im aware of and i dont talk on live unless its to my brother i mute everyone else

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I was a little sceptical before I got mine, as I have a decent 5.1 surround system, which is awesome for games, but you do hear more detail with the headset

you can hear things you'd not really noticed before and for games like MW2 it does help

and as others have said, a headset ideal for night time gaming when you can't have the volume up loud, although you still end up shouting, LOL

same here, since I got my X11's I tend to use them all the time, even playing solo

Tell your wife your playing COD with your mates, and for her to go and have a bath or something!

or strap a pair on ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely a big benefit to FPS's, I reckon. Even in racing games, you can 'sense' which direction a car is behind you a lot better with headphones than normal speakers.

That said, I do prefer listening to games through the standard 5.1 setup - even if through the headphones the clarity is much more crisper.

D.

AK

M240i
Just bought a set of X11's and the difference is amazing!

How do I stop it playing through my telly without just muting my telly tho...?