ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox 360 Noise Query

Again, as a load of you have these I thought i'd ask here...

I've had it about a week now but still can't get used to the noise. When sitting in the dash board or playing an Xbox 1 game to system is 'relatively' quiet, but if you put an Xbox 360 game in the DVD drive spins and makes a noise similar to that of when you burn a CD in a PC - it really is loud!

I know the drive spins a lot faster with the newer games but the noise is constant and doesn't ease off. I have spoken to 2 other people who have them (but not heard for myself) but when I describe the noise mine makes they say that theirs aren't very noisy or the noise dies down after the game is loaded.

What kind of noise are yours churning out? Is it worth a call to Microsoft (although I hear they are already dishing out refurb units - sod that!)

Cheers

Yaris Hybrid
Haven't noticed that problem with mine or both my brothers machines.

Personally I'd take your 5.1 sound system back to the store for a refund cos it must be sh*te if you can hear the drive above it!

Lee

BMW M2C
When watching a DVD, or when it's off, but powered to charge the pad it's practically silent. When playing a game the DVD drive spins stupidly fast and is very noise, also when it's loading content, especially in PGR3 it tends to sound like an old hard drive.

MS warn you not to move the console when a disc is spinning as at those speeds it moves and gets badly scratched.

All the ones at work sound like mine.

dk

911 GTS Cab
mine sounds like a tornado is about to swallow the house but as soon as i get into the game i forget about it as you don't tend to notice it anymore