ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox 360 RROD repair

Mk2 Ph2 1.2 16v
Got hold of a 360 very cheap but unfortuneately it has RROD. Im pretty certain its not covered by warrantee so unless some1 in the Reading area can fix it for me? Im gunna give it a go

Was gunna get one of the repair kits off ebay, all screws, washers included. Any1 got experience/thought on these?

Thanks

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
my next door neighbour did myne, i gave it back to within the hour, working lol. didnt charge me either

Mk2 Ph2 1.2 16v
  Clio Mk2 Ph2
Thanks but the link wont take me to the product, just the website. How much is the kit you mentioned?

Argh, links never seem to work with that site.
If you click Xbox 360 in the side bar then repair kits and it's the £15.94, there are instructions on that page on how to use the kit.

Microsoft repair the RROD free of charge as its a recognised fault even if your xbox is out of warranty.
You just need to sign in to xbox.com, register your console using the serial number from the back of the console, package it up, send it to them and jobs a good un!

Only drawback is, it takes just over a week to get it back but the works is covered under some guarantee they have.

Ive done it with my own 360 and my boys and they've never missed a beat since.

Doesnt even cost you anything to post it to them

Mk2 Ph2 1.2 16v
Have just found out this for myself while trying to get mine done free!

Will order an Xecutor Kit later...I ve done a little bit with computers but not much. Theres no rush so ill just make sure to do it slowly and properly!

RenaultSport 172
My friends xbox got the RROD and he ordered one of those kits and managed to do it all himself following a video from youtube.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
My 360 died a couple of weeks back, so I'm definitely going to order one of those kits!

Listerine & Poledo
The boys that saved my PS3 from YLOD & blown Blu's also do X-Box.
http://www.360-pros.co.uk/

They do a mail-order service, so if nothing local comes up it's worth a go.

Get their warranty too and it's covered against all breakdowns again, I did when the Blu-ray died and then the YLOD fix was free