ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xennon problem?

172 with k-tec sound
my drivers side xennon bulb has turned pink in colour, so im guessing its fubared, although ive had a problem with the motor that is attatched to the rear of the light unit, which controlls the level. its constantly moving the lense up and down, booked it in, as i have had it in before under warranty for the motor sorting but it hasnt sorted it, so was wondering if that will have anything to do with it.

Nissan 350z
The lense sits in a housing unit which tilts via the motor. The adjustment motor will move the entire unit not one particular bulb so thats unrelated (they adjust everytime the car starts fyi based on road level of the rear beam).

You could always try swapping the bulbs over between headlights and see if its still pink or not. Worth a shot anyway!

172 with k-tec sound
The lense sits in a housing unit which tilts via the motor. The adjustment motor will move the entire unit not one particular bulb so thats unrelated (they adjust everytime the car starts fyi based on road level of the rear beam).

You could always try swapping the bulbs over between headlights and see if its still pink or not. Worth a shot anyway!

ok mate will do thnx;)

Da

Less
If the lamp has turned has turned pink it's on it's way out Carl.
Always best to replace them in pairs too.

Pink bulb means it's on the way out. Quick search would have found this out, and you mods are always telling us peasents to use the search eh;)

172 with k-tec sound
If the lamp has turned has turned pink it's on it's way out Carl.
Always best to replace them in pairs too.

ok cool daz thanks, its going in tomorow to perrys ,booked it in today.

looks silly with one normal and one pink lol, got some very strange looks from people:(

Da

Less
Pink bulb means it's on the way out. Quick search would have found this out, and you mods are always telling us peasents to use the search eh;)

We have a ban hammer too you know :rasp:

What's it going in for Carl, the headlight motor? Warranty wont cover the Xenons surely.

172 with k-tec sound
We have a ban hammer too you know :rasp:

What's it going in for Carl, the headlight motor? Warranty wont cover the Xenons surely.

yeah for the headlight motor, didnt know at the time why the zennon was pink lol, but he saw it and just said bring it in n we will sort it, so i wont be holding my breath lol. on a side note daz where can i get the bulbs cheaper then reno, i spoke to them and they want 140 quid or something, but didnt ask if thats for both or just one.

Da

Less
£140 will have probably been for two, I'm sure they're about £70 + VAT each from Renault.

They often come up on eBay, and some online places sell them. I'll have a look in a minute.

172 with k-tec sound
£140 will have probably been for two, I'm sure they're about £70 + VAT each from Renault.

They often come up on eBay, and some online places sell them. I'll have a look in a minute.

ok daz cool thanks

172 with k-tec sound
cheers daz, i thought it was the whole thingy, i imagined a bulb like a spot bulb lol, but thats just the lense lol

Da

Less
Really what, you mean do they really fail?

Those links are for the xenon lamps that you need, not a lense.

172 with k-tec sound
thats what i mean lol i didnt imagine them as a bulb, the guy in the link i put up says the bulbs go for 20 quid on ebay not the op but the first reply he got (forum user) in his list he says it second from bottom

Da

Less
Yeah they do, but I'd never buy a non-descript xenon lamp.

Trust me, a £20 xenon bulb isn't worth the hassle. As the saying goes 'you buy cheap, you buy twice'. ;)

172 with k-tec sound
yes i see ur meaning there daz, better to be safe then sorry, so 84 quid it is then lol.

Last edited:

Da

Less
He's referring to the auto-leveller on the rear beam. That does both headlights dependant on the rear loading.

I think this is unrelated as it's just your one headlight that is over-adjusting itself.

172 with k-tec sound
yeah thought so, cos if it was that they would both do it. yours was seriously low at one point daz, it never gave u any bother;)

Mk5 golf gti
not true on the 20 quid bulbs
allthough i do have phillips oem xenon bulbs on my phase 2
on my other i have 6000k 20 quid xenon bulbs an they havent failed since having them

Da

Less
yeah thought so, cos if it was that they would both do it. yours was seriously low at one point daz, it never gave u any bother;)

Exactly ;)

My headlights do need raising up a little at present :eek:
MOT should sort that though.

Nissan 350z

Nope thats each. Fred put my cars details into the parts database and we had a laugh at the prices. The ballasts are about £200+ as well brand new

Mk5 golf gti
yea reno are expensive with there headlight parts
i jus got a ballast for 35 quid off ebay
genuine hella too
bargain