ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon headlight clio 172 MK.2

Can anyone tell me how the mechanism of the automatic hight control of the headlights work??

I know that the sensor is mounted to the rear axle and the chassis.
Because a couple of weeks ago, i was driving on a road where suddenly a piece of road was missing, and yes there were signs but i ignored the (stupid me). So i crashed right in to it, one of the rims was broken en since my headlights don't work the right way.
I've changed the sensor and it still didn't work, normally when you start the car and turn your lights on they wil calibrate, you then see them going up and down, they don't do that even no more. So one of the lights is now shining up and the other normal.
Anyone got an idea??????

Greetings from holland

Can anyone tell me how the mechanism of the automatic hight control of the headlights work??

I know that the sensor is mounted to the rear axle and the chassis.
Because a couple of weeks ago, i was driving on a road where suddenly a piece of road was missing, and yes there were signs but i ignored the (stupid me). So i crashed right in to it, one of the rims was broken en since my headlights don't work the right way.
I've changed the sensor and it still didn't work, normally when you start the car and turn your lights on they wil calibrate, you then see them going up and down, they don't do that even no more. So one of the lights is now shining up and the other normal.
Anyone got an idea??????

Greetings from holland
Sounds like either the wiring come loose or you've broken the kigs need to take the bumper off to get to the light to have a look.

The wiring is still oke, i'm afraid that the unit that take's care of all the lighting in and outside maybe is damaged.

btw this is my car
clio1web.jpg

Anyone an idea?? Maybe a new headlight??? because the is a difference if i touch the back of the Xenon holder, the one who doesn't work proper you can move it a bit up and down but the other side you can't.

Da

Less
sounds like the adjuster in the headlight is broken, in which case you need a new headlight.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Check if the adjuster is properly attached to the casing, it may have come loose. It should clip back on OK if that's all it is. If you can attach it again, you can adjust the height by turning the white adjuster at the back.

Only adjust the height with the engine running, or it returns to where it was when you start the engine.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Look under the car at the nearside rear, you will see the level sensor, its connected between the body shell and the top/front edge of the rear axle beam.

You've probably smashed it when you had your little excursion.

Look under the car at the nearside rear, you will see the level sensor, its connected between the body shell and the top/front edge of the rear axle beam.

You've probably smashed it when you had your little excursion.
I already have changed the sensor, because it was smashed. But the wireing is still ok.

BMW M135i
sounds like the adjuster in the headlight is broken, in which case you need a new headlight.

If its just the adjuster then you can just change the adjuster as they only clip in. If you've broken the clips inside that hold the reflector though then new cluster needed.

Da

Less

If its just the adjuster then you can just change the adjuster as they only clip in. If you've broken the clips inside that hold the reflector though then new cluster needed.

Yeah sorry, that's what I meant, the internal reflector that moves up and down via the adjuster. :eek: