ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon headlights constantly adjusting?

First off, I had search through the forum but can't find an answer to my question.

I Noticed the other day while I was parked facing a wall, that my headlight beams seem to constantly move up and down, as if the auto leveller can't decide what position it wants to stick them in. Has anyone else ever had this problem? I'm assuming it's due to the car being lowered, so is it as simple as disconnecting the sensor on the rear beam to stop them doing it?

Cheers if anyone can help.

not a clio anymore
my driver side light does that, the passenger is steady. It moves up and down a little bit.

CLIO Iceberg 172
you could just get renault to stick it on the computer and reset it to the new ride hight

are both headlights moving or just one? if they both are it's most likely the sensor in the bumper that's fucked. If it's just one (you should be able to hear the motor moving) the leveler is probably gone. Try swopping it over with the one that works and if it the problem moves to the other side you know you need to get it fixed/buy a new one. Renault wanted £40is when I was going to change mine so I didn;t bother and just unplugged it & adjusted the height manually. The automatic system is only really useful if you go from carrying alot of weight ie. a full car to driving on your own frequently in which case the beam needs adjusting.

Trophy #267
There is a sensor on the rear axle which detects weight at the rear and boot and adjusts the lights accordingly - possibly indicating a fault there depending if they are changing as a pair or individually.

Yes both of them do it, looks like it is the sensor then! Never actually occured to me to just pull the plugs out of the back of the adjusters, will do that now! Thanks for the help folks.