ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon light now wobbles!!

Titanium Clio 182
My car failed its MOT due to the drivers side xenon being out, Renault where going to charge me £110 just for the light, booked it in with the intention of cancelling it as the earliest it can go in is Friday.

Had a look, took the big black thing (sorry don't know what it is) of, turning it slightly anti clockwise took the connection plug out with the three green cables on and it was full of water. Hair dried it out but now the who unit inside wobbles as I was trying to get it back in. Its got its re-test @ 16:30 today!!! Hope its not fucked, the lights seem steady but the headlight wobbles when going over bumps.

Hmmm...

M3, Cup racer'd 182
The 3green wires are to plug into your igniter, this wouldn't cause it to wobble though.

Check the hight adjust (bottom/middle thing) hasn't come out of the slot while you was playing around with the igniter.

Clio 182
just bodge loads of stuff so it dont move its only got to stay steady for the couple of seconds there wobbling it im sure that will be fine lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The height adjuster has either popped off or is now broken, tuen it one way and pull it out the back of the light and see if the white ball is still on the end of it.

Titanium Clio 182
The 3green wires are to plug into your igniter, this wouldn't cause it to wobble though.

Check the hight adjust (bottom/middle thing) hasn't come out of the slot while you was playing around with the igniter.

Might have a quick look

just bodge loads of stuff so it dont move its only got to stay steady for the couple of seconds there wobbling it im sure that will be fine lol

Might have too hahah!!

Titanium Clio 182
I just left it wobbly and it passed its MOT, going to have to have a look one day, so the hight adjust "(bottom/middle thing) " is that directly below the ignitor for the xenon?

M3, Cup racer'd 182
the hight adjust "(bottom/middle thing) " is that directly below the ignitor for the xenon?

No it's not under the igniter as that is covered by a rubber cover, if your looking down over the headlight it would be towards the bottom part in the middle of the headlight.

You should see a White Allen key head type hole, That's the part you need to take out but be carefull as there is a locking plastic lug.
My advise would be to take the headlight out as you won't have much room to play with if you have aircon.

Titanium Clio 182
No it's not under the igniter as that is covered by a rubber cover, if your looking down over the headlight it would be towards the bottom part in the middle of the headlight.

You should see a White Allen key head type hole, That's the part you need to take out but be carefull as there is a locking plastic lug.
My advise would be to take the headlight out as you won't have much room to play with if you have aircon.

Just looked at my failed MOT certificate on the internet and this is what it failed on, I seen the failure sheet from the garage but it didn't have **DANGEROUS** on it lol

Reason(s) for refusal to issue Certificate
Offside Front Headlamp not working on dipped beam (1.7.4a)
Offside outer Front constant velocity joint gaiter insecurely mounted to its housing (2.5.C.1a)
Nearside Front Coil spring cracked (2.4.C.1a) **DANGEROUS**
Nearside Rear Brake pipe excessively corroded (3.6.B.2c)

Advisory Notice issued
Front Both headlights misting up Headlamp deteriorated but light output not reduced (1.7.4a)
Upper brake light inop

Titanium Clio 182

Yeah has aircon, I might have a look, take it to Auto Enterprises (my local garage who are sound people) I know the lads there.