ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenons - Can you strip them down?

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Quicky lads.

I was wondering - I have no idea If it's possible but can you strip down a 182 Xenon headlight in order to basically swap out the bits n bobs into a new lens??

I have a working Xenon which is all good inside but the lens is cracked and was wondering If I could transfer all the bits into a non cracked one.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Swap lenses. I cut the sealant carefully on mine took ages. Prob best off warming it up a little bit

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Swap lenses. I cut the sealant carefully on mine took ages. Prob best off warming it up a little bit

Is it easy? so you don't have to transfer all the bits over??

Any guides anywhere?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
The lenses are the same iirc just seal the new one on. Dont try and clean the chrome around the light as it just rubs off lol

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
The lenses are the same iirc just seal the new one on. Dont try and clean the chrome around the light as it just rubs off lol

So they are just 'glued' on on the 182? What do you use to re glue it?

I am just looking at options as mine needs replacing as the outer plastic lense is cracked.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
They have some kind of sealant holding the lense to the case. I cant remember what i used to reseal them back on, whatever clear silicone was in the gun at the time. Worked fine still on my dci now