ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenons on side lights off... the options

320d
I know quite alot of people on here run with xenons on and side lights isolated

Obviously this isn't great when you suddenly need main bean but round town not an issue

What are the options?

- Remove the side light fuse?
- Disconnect the side lights from the rear of the cluster?

Any others?

Cheers

RB 182
Just take out the front sidelight bulbs, dont go taking out fuses as it'll knock out the rears too

Main beam still works, they're a totally different bulb. Mine has no front sidelights, only because one of them blew so i just took them out!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'm getting fed up of my LED bulbs going, sounds like a good idea just to not have any.

ST
Jus for you Phil...
DSC00793.jpg

DSC00794.jpg

DSC00792.jpg

Leon Cupra 300
I don't think it would pass an MOT like that, in that way not legal.... but no different to a de-cat.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Why's it not legal Steve?

You much have side/parking lights as an MOT requirment.

Mine passed mot with out though. Even had a shattered light washer jet. Reno garages are s**t lol

BMW M135i
I've had LED sidelights for months and think i'd prefer them over not having sidelights at all, the ones i've got match the xenons perfectly.

I've had LED sidelights for months and think i'd prefer them over not having sidelights at all, the ones i've got match the xenons perfectly.

same here, mine have been in for 4 months without any trouble. also a perfect match for the xenons.

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Your side lights, same as your headlights must be working all the time. You can be fined and have to prove youve fixed them if you get caught.

I'm a little confused as to why people don't want their sidelights on?? What advantages are there to not having any? Apart from the huge weight saving?

ST
Your side lights, same as your headlights must be working all the time. You can be fined and have to prove youve fixed them if you get caught.

Well the thing is, the police will never notice when you drive past them if you have sidelights in or not if you've got your Xenons on anyway...

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I honestly can't see why people would want to take out their sidelights :S As for it being an improvement ! What improvement ??

easy to fit billy ?? how much etc

They're 2 quid each mate . The drivers side one is the one that's a b*****d to change , especially if you have big hands , lol , cos of the pipework for the aircon . The passenger side litterally takes 2 mins . I struggled for quite a while until i dug this out to hold the bulb in . .

PRONGTOOLANDLED.jpg

SCREWDRIVER.jpg

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
ive got some piaa ones not had a problem yet had them about a year