ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenons. Should they auto level everytime?

Ph2 172 Track Toy
As title.

On my Octavia vRS the lights go up and down and left and right and in and out every time I turn em on.

In the 172 nothing happens. Also the washers don't seem to work.

Nissan 350z
What makes you think a bulb should be moving left/right etc? Are you getting confused with cornering headlights that self-adjust when turned on as opposed to Xenons which are a type of bulb?

Ph2 172 Track Toy
What makes you think a bulb should be moving left/right etc? Are you getting confused with cornering headlights that self-adjust when turned on as opposed to Xenons which are a type of bulb?

No not confused with cornering lights. It's just what happens in my Octavia. They go bananas every time you turn em on.

S3, Polo
In the Range mine level out (like they're looking up) every time I start the car in the dark.

Have to confess that the Clio doesn't seem to. Maybe it's just less pronounced?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Unless they're cornering lights, there's no reason for headlights to move side to side, only up and down to match the levelling of the car.

Check the sensor on the rear suspension beam if they're not adjusting.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
172/182's with xenons should go up and down when they first turn on. Self levelling.

Clio Sport 172 ITB
mine dont stop moving.. you can hear em adjusting all the time! getting on my nerves now! where on the rear beam is this sensor?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
They're meant adjust all the time though. That's what I thought anyway.