ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yakuza Like a Dragon

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Has anyone played Yakuza Like a Dragon? i have never played any of the series, but this has just been released on gamepass so might give it a whirl, seems to have gone a bit more strategy than button mashing?

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Haven't played Like a Dragon yet, but played Zero, Kiwami and Kiwami 2. Amazing games, hilarious, fantastic stories, fun combat and addictive mini games. Everyone seems to say great things about Like a Dragon even with the change from arcadey style combat to turn based. If you can get the previous games as well 100% do it!

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
I played about 75% of the way through Like A Dragon before one of my save files corrupted and I lost a load of progressive. Despite that, the game is a ton of fun, the new characters add a freshness to the series and it is still chock full of craziness. The only thing that let the game down for me was the combat; I found that the turn based styled really sucked the fun out of it after a while, especially in the later boss fights which become a major grind. I would much prefer a return to the old style way of beating your way though a mass of enemies, but I'm sure the publishers have confirmed that they're sticking with turn-based for the time being. Also, it's free on Xbox Gamepass at the moment so it's worth checking out!

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Have you had chance to try it yet mate? If so, what are your thoughts? I'm tempted to give it a go.
Sorry mate, only just seen this, i can see why it appeals, but it was a bit to button mashy for me, i am back to playing Snowrunner now as i can't find anything else at the moment.