ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ye Old 1.4 Tunning post!?

I cant find it! anybody remeber it? was fair while ago now, had loads of info about possible tunning a 1.4RT...

I wanted the info on the throttle boddies transplant if anybody remebers it? from a 1.8 Lug was it?

Come on some of the hardcore memebers must remeber?!

The post went on for ages on how to tune a 1.4 RT (even though i think we worked out it wasn't worth the amount require to invest)

thinking about it... this post maybe more than year old im thinking about

S2000
try searching on the old forum at forum.cliosport.net as I don't think the one you are thinking of is on here. The basics though are:

Headwork, Laguna 1.8spi TB, cams, remap. These engine can, apparently, be good for about 110 - 120 bhp. You can also get a bit extra by putting on a 1.6 be from a 1.6 energy engine, which is a straight swap.

I looked into it all when I was thinking about it and just decided to get a 16v, but if it's all insurance based etc then it is definately an option as there is the potential for decent power.

Theres plenty people on here who can help you find the best people to do the headwork etc if you need it.

Bollow forgot about the ECU.. see its been awhile i forgot about all the added extras. but the main purpose for doing it was the insurance. literally all the mods can be done and the engine bay still looks more or less the same doesn't it?

Was hoping just to plonk the old throttle bodies on there and see what happens.

this car really has become a project car..... but laking in funds to play with look like its just gonno be a shitter to run about in or ill sell it.

Yea dude, still bournemouth student, been on industrial placement for a year in milton keynes but back in bournemouth next week! :D

If anybody does find that old thread PM me? pleasE! :D

S2000
wtf has happened to the old forum??? Just tried to get on it just now and nothing is coming up, I thought it was still there. As I said above the thread wasn't moved to the new site iirc, I could only ever find it on the old site anyway.

S2000
yeah meddyclio did, he also had headwork done by Chris H iirc as there was a big write up of it over on retro-renault.

S2000
The write up for meedyclio's head isn't there anymore - I think it may have been lost when they moved forum or something. If you do a search on there though there will be a fair bit of info, I think I had a few threads on there about tuning the 1.4 anyway if no one else did.

I done meddys headwork but couldn't source a tb, when I did get one he sold the car!

Headwork on it alone provided an extra 13bhp on the rollers, shame it was a cack curly port head. Woudl have been much better with an early straight porter.

What exactly did you have todo Chris and what was the plans with the tb? stragith swap? then onto the ecu?

If i could get some1 to do cheap re-map... i think its definatly in scope.

Head is all back together now, clean and looking good. block been cleaned of all crap. gaskets on and heads on. just need to plugs the hoses in and elecs and the clio "should" be ready for her MOT. Yay

Clio 1.4 Fidji
would this still work on mine, its not the rt with spi, it has a carb - which is doing my head in at the min :(

never saw this.

You need to whip the head off, strip it port it, rebuild it. You can supply me with a bare head and i can do the work. Turnaround (bright eyes lol) is about a week.

To fit the larger tb you have to bore out the manifolds throat as the TB is larger. Again best done when the heads off to save removing the man in situ.

SPI is SPI, carbs are totally different Dermy.

If theres serious interest pm me.

bear in mind I can fit it all etc but I am in GLASGOW thats in SCOTLAND.

Clio 1.4 Fidji
Maybe i should have waited and got one with SPI, would have liked to get this done. whats the best thing to do with the carb model?

How much diff would there be just stripping porting and rebuilding the head on my one since i cant fit the tbs?

thanks for info :)