ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

yet another crash

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
Re: yet another crash: UPDATE

a few pics of the car the day after.

n658041721_1532252_1388.jpg

n658041721_1532251_927.jpg
n658041721_1532248_9589.jpg

RB 182 Cup
If it goes through the insurance i think they'll just write it off. How much is your excess? and how many ncb do you have

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
its deffo not going through the insurance and i have forgoth the exess but its a lot and no yrs ncb:(

jamie

Slooooow Ass 1.2
I smashed my Corsa into the back of a Merc 2 weeks after passing my test. At 18, i ony got a 1.2 Dynamique now and my insurance is 1600 so maybe go through insurance, i expected mine 2 hit the roof cuz im ony 19.

Best of luck with the car though.

RB 182 Cup
it depends how much hes excess is and how much they will give him for it. If they only give him like a grand for it and hes excess is £500 then he'll only get £500 for it. Might not be worth it but you got nothing to loose, youve got no no claims anyway

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
i know but i need my no claims bonus this year so it comes down next year because i cant afford 2200 quid again and my mate claimed last year in the same situation as me and his insurance has gone from 1800 quid to 3500 quid lol

jamie

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
yet another crash: UPDATE

got a new subframe from scrappy today and got the nakerd subframe half off but it went dark on me so i called it a day, sorry for quality of pic

jamie

n658041721_1535896_5075.jpg

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
progress has slowed down today because i dont have a garage so the work is being done outside but as usual the great british weather is not letting up

jamie

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
im am in collage and i have a dentist appointment later so no progress today but after further inspection the zorst (standard) is snapped in like 2 or 3 places so some major patching up or a new zorst will be needed soon, back to the scrappy lol

jamie

BMW 330ci Clubsport
£2k for a 1.2 at 17?
I'm 18 and pay £600 a year for my 1.4Si (And I have no NCB)

Shame about the car, hope there is no chasis damage or very little, that'll cost a bomb!

(Oh and btw collage is spelt college, sorry for Nazi-ing)

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
yet another crash: UPDATE 2

Progress at last

it managed not to rain for a few hours so i managed to get some work done, the new subframe is now on ( Which i did on my own ) the car is now rolling and at my friends garage ready to have the brakes bleeded tomorow when i finish collage.

n658041721_1548754_3141.jpg
n658041721_1548755_3552.jpg
n658041721_1548756_3969.jpg

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
£2k for a 1.2 at 17?
I'm 18 and pay £600 a year for my 1.4Si (And I have no NCB)

Shame about the car, hope there is no chasis damage or very little, that'll cost a bomb!

(Oh and btw collage is spelt college, sorry for Nazi-ing)

Sorry but are you male or female?
His insurance does sound a lot i paid £1500 for my first years insurance.
Doing a good job there mate lets hope the chassis is not bent.
By the way thats an axle not a subframe

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
nice one for getting most of it done yourself. I wouldn't know where to start.

Clio 1.2 16V tomtom 3dr
Good luck jamie,,, Roundabouts were the hardest thing for me too learn when a passed in the summer... " Still h8 them *

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Sorry but are you male or female?
His insurance does sound a lot i paid £1500 for my first years insurance.
Doing a good job there mate lets hope the chassis is not bent.
By the way thats an axle not a subframe

Male! And yes I'm fully covered, also have a parent as a named driver.

To the poster above me, never come to Milton Keynes ;)

Re: yet another crash: UPDATE 2

Progress at last

it managed not to rain for a few hours so i managed to get some work done, the new subframe is now on ( Which i did on my own ) the car is now rolling and at my friends garage ready to have the brakes bleeded tomorow when i finish collage.

n658041721_1548754_3141.jpg

fella, nice one for doing the work yourself its going too save you a fortune....

On another note mate I would really reconsider how you are holding the car in the air, the bricks don't look particularly steady, especially on the left, and there isn't even a support board to stop them from sinking - which they probably will!! Mate please sort it out, if that f*cker falls on you your car problems will be the last of your worries!

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
live life on the edge lol

and the blocks were railway sleepers, they were going nowhere or else i wouldnt have been going under them lol i rocked the car like hell to test it before i went under it lol

jamie

Last edited:
  Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
thanks for all the comments, there great, but honestly when i started i didnt realy know what i was doing as i had never changed an axle before and especialy never done one on my own lol but i managed it.

good news im back on the road, me and a friend bled my brakes today and m back lol, now need to get to the scrappy and cut a sill of a clio and get a door any one know of a clio the same as mine thats being broke around the wigan area ?

jamie

THANKS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS EVERONE !

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
quick update, found a blue sill at scrappy so will be goiing cutting that out some time this week then fitting it which is all fun but im not looking forward to paying to get it sprayed, might have a bash myself, then i just need a door lol

jamie