ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yet another my Phase 1 172 won't start thread.

Frustration levels are really high at the moment. My PH1 has had starting issues for some time now but were sporadic. Over the last two weeks it has become consistent. When the car was warm it would not restart. Key in ignition, turn to start nothing happens. no whirring, no clicking, couple of lights go off but absolutely nothing happens. Leave it for a couple of hours, go out and it starts first time. Today changed the TDC sensor for a new one and the loom adaptor. Got home from the garage and it wouldn't start when warm. Left it for an hour went out and it started. Ran it up to operating temperature and bingo it wouldn't start. Just gone out to it again and it still won't start. All the lights and no activity. Got to the point where I just want to torch the thing. So I guess the next things to change are the battery, starting motor, coil pack, key or what?

Any constructive ideas. It's been on a fault reader earlier and was not throwing up any faults at all.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Check the earth strap from the gearbox to the chassis, my Exclusive was doing the exact same
thing for months along with other small issues, this is what i found on inspection;

IMG_1183_zpsb1027fea.jpg