ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yet another replica project :)

renault clio rsi
hi guys, I've been on here a while now and never really posted anything bu thought it was about time i made a project thread on my baby :D
its a 2003 clio extreme 2 (bad boy) which i have slowly turned into a 172/182 replica which is still progressing and still not finished :)

the full detailed works of whats gone on are here http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=342291
but heres a few pictures to show the basics :D

so here it was when i bought it
2lw0lld.jpg

fvgsp3.jpg

2evb880.jpg

r7oe91.jpg

then it turned into this
2z4jrxi.jpg

2u73nf9.jpg

then i drove it around for a couple of months like this
25svalg.jpg

9icqk5.jpg

ilkfq0.jpg

r2ov9x.jpg

33kvz8i.jpg

got bored of that then got the spray cans out :D (yes cans, 12 of them to be precise)
2lkffi9.jpg

oknd76.jpg

ofaf0w.jpg

and now we have this :D
11bt3jm.jpg

2n0nblc.jpg

24nkvn8.jpg

2n6rqko.jpg

116p2lv.jpg

i will update this as bits and bobs get done :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I still cannot believe ( been watching on DW ) you've managed to do that awesomely with dirrect gloss rattle cans :D
good work non the less!

Titanium 182
Wow, thats incredible, just read the whole thing on detailing world, How did you get the grille to look so good, is it painted in anything < no knowledge in bodywork.

renault clio rsi
Looks cool! What's that original red colour called?

thanks :D pretty sure it was flame red before looked the same as my brothers 172 :)

Wow, thats incredible, just read the whole thing on detailing world, How did you get the grille to look so good, is it painted in anything < no knowledge in bodywork.
thanks mate :D and the grill is just standard unpainted plastic sprayed with some tyre shine :) came up really nice

Great job with the paint! Looks like a really nice car.

thanks mate :D

renault clio rsi
Amazing job with rattle cans, looks good mate :)
cheers mate :D

Got a link to more pics/write ups??

theres a link at the top ;)
Amazing transformation however I don't like the alloys.
cheers :D and there not staying hopeing to find some 182 alloys in the near future need some spacers for the front aswell.

I know pics hide poor paint really well but if that's half as good in real life then that's an awesome finish!

haha when i first repainted it the finish was somewhat orange peel effect but ive flatted it all back and polished it up and looks good now :)

Just gone through all the pics and some of the text on DW.

The closeups really do seem like the paint finish is awesome, what a real credit to you!

So much effort and hard work, but imo it's paid off!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just read the DW thread from start to finish, you are a gifted lad!! Unreal level of work for a driveway re spray. Well done mate.

Clio 1.2
Nah b*llox its impossible to get it like that without getting it done professionaly at a shop. Hands of a god my good man. HAHAH

Looks awesome! I read through that other thread, fair play to you! I did find it funny moaning about the insurance thing even though you clearly said all mods declared lool :D
Car did love cool in the primer I have to say!

renault clio rsi
:eek: Wish I had your skills you should start a mobile driveway respray business
haha if only i had the time :D plus my neighbors weren't exactly happy with me painting this one haha

Nah b*llox its impossible to get it like that without getting it done professionaly at a shop. Hands of a god my good man. HAHAH

cheers mate :D

Damn impressive!
cheers :D

Looks awesome! I read through that other thread, fair play to you! I did find it funny moaning about the insurance thing even though you clearly said all mods declared lool :D
Car did love cool in the primer I have to say!
thanks mate :D and yeah haha there can be some proper tools on there sometimes :)

renault clio rsi
right update time :)

took the beast into work recently to give it a look over for the mot, turns out shes quite mint but does need 2x front shocks and new disks and pads and a brake fluid change so that is all up next :D

some quick pics
29c50yc.jpg

k2d2j6.jpg

10wtf9j.jpg

2aak9pu.jpg

next up my rear wiper has never worked and was never really bothered to find out why so i took it off all together :D
osfkzn.jpg

which left me with this
fdacma.jpg

so cut out the center
rvvupv.jpg

smoothed over it
2jg6ptj.jpg

and i was going to paint it matt black but turns out that can i had has mysteriously vanished :/ so very quickly carbon wrapped it haha only temporary :D
xkt7d0.jpg

2uyn9et.jpg

there we are all up to date :)

Monaco 172
Lol, I cannot believe you managed to get it looking that good with ratta cans haha, amazing job mate car looks mint, what a transformation.
Chose one of the best colours too.

renault clio rsi
right then updateage time, dont worry i havent sold it haha (yet)

soo past week or so its not been very eventfull with not even so much as a wash :( though you couldnt tell as this paint hides dirt very well lol

but past few days ive managed to progress a bit so here we are

first of all this was really starting to bother me
fohppw.jpg

so did this
dxxz6s.jpg

and this
21eyfzn.jpg

now looks like this :D
10ft0l2.jpg

then i washed it
29g040m.jpg

a1o138.jpg

s6onk4.jpg

1fzkmv.jpg

very nice

next up i decided that the engine bay may aswell get a bit of love so got the cans out
kinda before and after
30uabd2.jpg

30cui3b.jpg

bay finished
2zp1uz5.jpg

tidied up and lights in
2d7cyg2.jpg

and finished :D
30vk7et.jpg

o0547l.jpg

212zq5j.jpg

next up i got tired of looking at this everytime i went to fuel up