ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yoko A539

Skoda Fabia vRS

what are these tyres like

i need new fronts on mine, there very much legal but plain rediculous in the wet.......

they MUST be good in wet weather, my Uniroyal Rainsports on the back are excellent when its wet, an good in the dry too....

work do em for £60 each (195/45/15) but i get discount so it works out cheaper than mytyres........

Skoda Fabia vRS

actually the AVS Sport isnt much more expensive so id also like views on those aswell please guys.................thanks

Hmmm.... if theyre anything like the a520s, theyll stick like sh!t to a blanket in the dry but do their best to put you in a hedge at the first sign of moisture... (oo er) :cry:

Havent driven them though so cant comment from personal experience, but I dont think Ive ever heard a *really* good report about wet weather Yoko handling!

i got them but bought them coz there wear longer so better for me as i do loads miles

grips well in dry and wet but yeah i could of got avs but there softer and wear quicker

a539 good tire in my books

Quote: Originally posted by Oliver-K4M on 02 July 2003

I have the A520 in 205/40R16V on mine. Excelent on dry road, very good against hydroplaning also if profile gets low, and the wet grip is O.K., too.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Are you sure?!? I dont think Ive *ever* heard a good report on wet weather handling on A520s! They are the same as these, no?

http://www.automehanika.hr/hrv/yoko/guma.asp?g=10http://www.automehanika.hr/hrv/yoko/guma.asp?g=10

Im suprised to say the least, especially about the resistant to aquaplaning bit - having got them at the moment, the only time Id ever buy them again is if there was guaranteed to be no rain, ever, or if I was doing a dry trackday...

My A539s were superb in the dry - in the wet they were mailto:cr@p">cr@p in comparason to my Toyos

they are fine..........dunno what all the whingin is about.........id rather have a great dry tyre and ok wet tyre.........

where in gods name are you going to even try drive fast in teh wet.........rd are so sh*t and covered in diesel that there is no point.

Cheap and fine (A539)..........but 60 quid! my 50s were 28 quid each.........

Well my A539s were better than my P6000s in the wet but the Toyos are great in the wet.

I think that my A539s were better than my Toyos in the dry but as they were on 2 different cars its hard to say for sure.

Skoda Fabia vRS

195/50/15s BenR are £40 each, but i get discount makin em cheaper than what you paid....

Quote: Originally posted by White16valver on 02 July 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Oliver-K4M on 02 July 2003

I have the A520 in 205/40R16V on mine. Excelent on dry road, very good against hydroplaning also if profile gets low, and the wet grip is O.K., too.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Are you sure?!? I dont think Ive *ever* heard a good report on wet weather handling on A520s! They are the same as these, no?

http://www.automehanika.hr/hrv/yoko/guma.asp?g=10http://www.automehanika.hr/hrv/yoko/guma.asp?g=10

Im suprised to say the least, especially about the resistant to aquaplaning bit - having got them at the moment, the only time Id ever buy them again is if there was guaranteed to be no rain, ever, or if I was doing a dry trackday...

Hmm you´re speaking of the same tire, the thread looks similar...O.K. I imported these tires from the USA because in Europe there is no 205/40R16 from Yokohama availible, but should be the same.

For me hydroplaning is O.K. because I´m from germany and I´m often driving fast even when it´s raining due to the fact that mainly we have no speed limit on the autobahn...

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 02 July 2003

195/50/15s BenR are £40 each, but i get discount makin em cheaper than what you paid....
um, does that not answer your question.........

hmmmmm....20 quid each or 60?

hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......................let me see................um, thats a toughy..............nope, im stuck........

Help guys!

so that extra 100% price increase is worth it for a 5% reduction in aspect ratio?

man, i wish i could make money that easily!

AVS sports are wicked!! first I thought they were a bit crap cos they screeched as I did 50mph round mini roundabouts which I wasnt used to with my 15s but tink that was the bigger wheels causing it,

not my speed of course!!

i love my toyos but i bought wheels with toyos in february and i need new fronts already, about 4000 miles, milton keynes round abouts dont help much....... i too am gonna give the A539 a shot as i can get them cheap through a mate.......they were fine on my corsa .......

Chuckie