ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

York Raceway RWYB helmet?

Renaultsport Clio 182
Hi,

Thinking of going to the next RWYB meet at York, do I need a helmet, and if so, is an open face one okay?

Their website has confused me a bit, it also talks about membership and race licences, is that applicable to RYWB?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
You need a helmet - full face or open ( open face better due to peripheral vision advantage )

license

racing fee

They are the 3 things you need - York raceway is a disgrace - the track is a mess - the facilities are poor - the admission and racing fee's are a scam - lack of investment and modernisation has run this place into the ground. My dad used to race there back in the 70's and its not changed one bit. Stay at home or go to Santa pod / SCRW

williams and trophy
^^ as above really......the venue is beyond poor lol. has been since it started making money for the organisers really, which is day 1.

either full or open face helmet, doesnt really matter for the stripp, end of the day ur only looking directly forward 99% of the time. opens for track events yes ;)

if u have one of the new licenses, i think u need to take both parts with you.

all said n done tho, you can have a good craic there, and the times are comparable to other events, the timing systems are pretty much the same, and the distance the same,.

a run to york is 1/4 of the cost of a run to pod for me , and tbh, the diff isnt worth the trip to pod.

182 Full Fatt!
Helmet for RWYB? Are you sure? Santa Pod only requires them for cars around the 10 secs bracket!

Hawk, something we need to know?:lolup:

Renaultsport Clio 182
Cheers guys, I will go get myself an open face helmet today. Will that also do for the ring, or do they require anything more substantial?

I live in York, so will be going on Easter Monday to try the mighty 182FF out up the strip. Im hoping to get somewhere close to the 15.1 mark! Really hope to see a few 197s there, see what the craic is with them against my bog standard 182.