ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

you dont know how lucky you are..

A SHED!
on friday i had a seizure and will be losing my licence for a year. so my cup is now reluctantly up for sale. i wouldn't mind but ive just fitted brand new ktr coilovers and the car is spot on in every way. ar well, just a quick post to vent my anger.

Suzuki Ignis
Sorry to hear mate, do you have a history of illness or anything?

If it saves you from having a seizure while driving and possible killing yourself and others then its for the best, as gutting as that is.

Hope your ok now though.

BMW E92/Audi S3
Ouch :(
Just think about why you're not allowed to drive.
As Moz said. It's for the best.

A SHED!
yea i have a history of epilepsy but its usually controlled.....or so we thought, back to the drawing board.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I know someone who put his merc into a road island at 60mph after taking a fit at the wheel, he seems to think it's okay to drive still.

My old GF used to have them, she had a thiroid problem (they removed one) but he calcium levels went funny for about a year.
Do you know what is causing them? Also to put it in perspective there are worse things in life then not driving, people just get used to what they got to do. Let us know what it is if you can.

Hyundai i40
sorry to hear this, but sometimes its for the best :(

Good luck with the sale and just think when its under control you will have saved for something bigger and better :)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Im going to say this with caution but what about assisted track days?

Surley that will keep you occupied whilst your years out mate?

Somthing to look forward to for the coming spring/winter plus you get to keep the cup..?

A SHED!
thanks for the support, on a side note- 172 cup 57k 53 reg, how much do you reckon i should ask for it? In no rush to sell as i know its a quality car.

A SHED!
Im going to say this with caution but what about assisted track days?

Surley that will keep you occupied whilst your years out mate?

Somthing to look forward to for the coming spring/winter plus you get to keep the cup..?

interesting, but isnt there laws against that?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Im not entirley sure but i dont think so as its not the "queens highway" etc..?

This said, you would obviously have to get a suitable mate to drive the car to said tracks etc with appropriate cover and what not then take it from there...?

I gather you need to submit your counterpart and photocard to the DVLA?

A SHED!
Im not entirley sure but i dont think so as its not the "queens highway" etc..?

This said, you would obviously have to get a suitable mate to drive the car to said tracks etc with appropriate cover and what not then take it from there...?

I gather you need to submit your counterpart and photocard to the DVLA?

yea unfortunately dvla get my licence for the year. Having looked at other cups with more mileage im putting it up for 3950.

Clio v6
Firstly. I know how lucky I am. There's always worse out there than me, you for one sadly.
Secondly. I'm very sorry to hear about your health problems. You have my best wishes, and I hope you have a steady year ahead without any seizures.

Yes usually need a licence for a trackday.

Gutted, hope you can have your licence back and find yourself a nice car next year.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Very sad news that, I would be really gutted too. Look on the bright side though mate.

Its 1 year of your life you have to save loads of money - then possibly and up in a better car. Onwards and upwards as they say!

182Cup, MinesGTR R35
Im band for a year asweel, only got 4-5 months left befor I get my licance back.

I still have my RB 182 Cup in my garage and start it up every day and move it up and down my long private drive lol.

All the money im saving not puting fuel in is allot of cash. Just spending that money on the car in other ways lol.

My ban has gone by very fast, just keep the car mate.

Si

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Unlucky fella :(

It's for you own safety though. You don't want that happening whilst you're behind the wheel.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Dependant on condition/service history, £3650?

Not a chance. Look on Auto trader, most decent cups 4k+ (been looking for a good few months) This car is a minter too!

Anyway,

:( :( :(

Absolutley gutting mate. Your Cup looked stunning the other day........... better nick than my nail lol! Got the sportlines on, soooo much better..... thanks again :). The stance yours has with the coilovers makes me pine for some H&R's again

Last edited:
  Corsa :$
s**t news hun..but theres no point beating yourself up and getting down over it if theres nothing you can do. Fingers crossed for a speedy seizure free year

Ferrari F430 Spider, 182
So sorry to hear your news.

Trying to look on the bright side as least your mates will be picking you up and you can get drunk every time you go out!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to hear the news. Still think of that time Tom trying to race your missus thinking your old valver was slow lol :rasp: Just glad you're ok.

If you have time I'd be putting the Cup for a really high price. £4.5k or so. Just see how it goes.

Don't sell now only to buy one in a year though.

ds3
my dad had a seizure whilst driving, he's a lorry driver so had his licence taken and no job either :\ lucky he's okay now though. must be gutting for you :( hope it goes to a good home.

A SHED!
Not a chance. Look on Auto trader, most decent cups 4k+ (been looking for a good few months) This car is a minter too!

Anyway,

Absolutley gutting mate. Your Cup looked stunning the other day........... better nick than my nail lol! Got the sportlines on, soooo much better..... thanks again :). The stance yours has with the coilovers makes me pine for some H&R's again
cheers buddy, glad ya like em. ar well.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
You cant do trackdays without a driving licence. They always check at sign on.I'm a track marshal so know thats correct.

Anyway,

They are all advertised at 4k+ yeh but it doesn't mean that's what they regularly sell for.

Good luck with the sale and the next year :(

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
If you want a decent one, they are over 4k now. Maybe not the story 6 months ago, but now thats what they fetch. Fact of the day tbh......

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
must be horrible to hear that news, all the best though matey and chin up :)

Cooksport Fleet
You cant do trackdays without a driving licence. They always check at sign on.I'm a track marshal so know thats correct.

Not a very good one then :p

Llandow Race circuit in Wales, its next to the kart circuit, its something like 50 quid for the day, not a fantastic track, but you dont need one for there.

Im sure some other tracks do it also, but you will need an ARDS instuctor in with you. For example, junior championships aged 14-17 race on track, and they are aloud on with an ARDS instructor.

Worth a shot!?