ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

You opinions please

Im gonna try and be constructive on this, front is awful, skirts are huge but the rear picture looks ok...

so its OTT from me although Im not a fan of many kits tbh! spend the money elsewhere..

A silver Honda

There were high hopes for these kit when the artists impression was posted but its too OTT IMO.

The skirts look so out of place.

the drawings of the kit looked oh so much better when they were released, the kit looks awful now we can see pics of the real kit :(

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

am i missing the point here....why would you make the front of a clio look like a type-r ???

Polo + Micra

looks too much like the bits have been randomly stuck to the car with no thought so

OTT

1.5 dci 106 Clio

Thank-you for all your "kind" comments <*wink symbol unavailable*>

I am the social outcase of the site...lol...i dont think its "that" bad! *SORRY*

I never looked close at the side skirts but, as Darth Oli said, they do look out of place! No relation to the rear bumper!
Ang, never compared it to the Type-R (which i really like! I know this is a Clio forum, but Ive always wanted a Type-R!), so maybe its a subconcious thing! Who knows?

I never saw the drawings but you guys (and gals) know what your talking about so Ill take your word for it!

Kit isnt as appealing anymore!

Sorry its so long!

"Navy" N17 TWO

in two words F.O!- do i really have to spell them? :confused:

As said above the kit looked promisingly nice from the pre-release sketches.

When It came out (on the car) there were a lot of dissapointed ClioSporters on here - few threads about it too!

Anyone have the pics of the skteches by any chance?

1.5 dci 106 Clio

Darth Oli...Im not dictated to by you guys, more saving myself from a slaughtering! lol...I wanna keep posting on here but how can I do that if I have a car that gets comments like above?
The kit you suggested was far nicer...even the iffy rear bumper!

trevq...you really hate that kit...with a passion! Lol...if you come across the sketches wing them my way! not been posting here long...still learning whats acceptable and whats sneered at!

Barryd...can you suggest any kits (other than the 172 kit!)?
Not saying it will be bought (as I might be changing my car!) but I want an idea of what extremes (i.e. non-renault) are ok!

V6

i dont mind kit but u wud need at least 19s to make it look sweet as that kit so big make 17s look liek 15s if u get me

Quote: Originally posted by omar on 06 April 2005
Personally, Id save the cash for my next car.

never mind the next car, id personally just save the money

Quote: Originally posted by Clio_1.6 on 06 April 2005

Barryd...can you suggest any kits (other than the 172 kit!)?
Not saying it will be bought (as I might be changing my car!) but I want an idea of what extremes (i.e. non-renault) are ok!
Not really mate, I cant stand aftermarket bodykits, think they ruin a car. I like cars to look standard and modify the mechanical side of things rather than the cosmetics. Its one of those each to their own things, Im not slating you cause you like them, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. :)

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by Clio_1.6 on 06 April 2005

Thank-you for all your "kind" comments <*wink symbol unavailable*>

I am the social outcase of the site...lol...i dont think its "that" bad! *SORRY*

I never looked close at the side skirts but, as Darth Oli said, they do look out of place! No relation to the rear bumper!
Ang, never compared it to the Type-R (which i really like! I know this is a Clio forum, but Ive always wanted a Type-R!), so maybe its a subconcious thing! Who knows?

I never saw the drawings but you guys (and gals) know what your talking about so Ill take your word for it!

Kit isnt as appealing anymore!

Sorry its so long!

sorry mate...i didnt mean it to sound nasty.....it was just the first thing that struck me when i saw it.......if u like it go for it....its your car afterall...:D

Quote: Originally posted by Darth Oli on 06 April 2005

Dont be dictated by our comments lol.

If you really like it, go for it.

Personally i quite like http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1313&pic=1this kit (except the rear bumper)

It needs blending in to look right IMO but at least it suits the original shape of the car.
Yeah, I like that one.

Most kits Ive seen always seem to fcuk up the front bumper / grille, but this one seems ok.

1.5 dci 106 Clio

Hey Ang, you didnt sound nasty at all!!
Always better to say what you think so someone doesnt drive round in a "chav" mobile!! Lol...

Hey Tigger (trevq)...thanks for the pic! Looks so much nicer than the kit when its on a real car!

that kit looked sooo much better when it was in the sketch, im sorry if it were me id save the money or spent it on something else.

Front bumper looks as if its come off a stealth bomber, skirts look as though a 5 year old has randomly stuck them on, and the rear is ok, but std is still better imo.

Don;t get me wrong some bodykits are ok, but i would much rather spend £1k on cams say, rather than a bodykit