ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

You'll never guess what I've bought!

ST
the old W reg steesher?! christ

bowl-of-dick.jpg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah, haggled the boy right down on my old 1.4 but was still a couple of hundred more than I had at the time. Gutted but probably for the best after the abuse I'd given it!

Only regret selling 2 of my 10 odd cars, the 1.4 and the 172, I was always gonna end up in another and it pretty much had to be flame red!

Feels like my car already!

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
Take it that alls running well now John:cool:
I know she was a quick little thing, just not me if you know what i mean.

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Ahh, know the chap who sold this. Flame Red is certainly the best colour for ph1's! What did you do with the yellow fogs? Am after a set myself.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Na not yet Pete, bought a new coil pack and ht leads and fitting them tomorrow, been struggling to get the time tbh.

The yellow fogs were just a film over them which I just unpeeled mate.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Thats me fitted the coil pack and ht leads, seems to ahve sured the problem but will have to go a bit of a longer drive to be sure.

Whilst I had the inlet off to allow access I noticed this

IMG_3987Medium.jpg

Now maybe I'm just being stupidly optimistic but to me that looks very like matched inlets. Would explain why it feels faster than Daves. What do you think?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Surley matched inlets wouldnt make too much difference...?

I may be wrong, oh and Alan, id love to see your Google searches LOL!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Suppose it depends how bad they are on Daves. Although his is making 176bhp and I dont see how this one could be making loads more than that. Either way I think his sub is coming out this weekend.

Finally got the chance to clean it today and it needed it!

IMG_3989Medium.jpg

IMG_3990Medium.jpg

IMG_3991Medium.jpg

IMG_3992Medium.jpg

IMG_3993Medium.jpg

IMG_3994Medium.jpg

IMG_3995Medium.jpg

Would love to say it was just a quick one but I forgot about how long bloody F1s take, 3 spokes ftw!

Anyway, thought it would be good to add some clean pics to this thread to show it properly

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
Nice one John.
I knew it was a quick one just by driving it!.
Makes me realise that the Corrado Vr6 ive just bought is no quicker and thats remapped by AMD to 201bhp and 190lb/ft.
She does clean up nicely doesnt she:cool:

Oh and is that the two bucket method i see:rasp:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
3 bucket in fact, 1 for the wheels! Yeah defo gonna RR it this year and see what it gets.

Cheers Scutch, I think with this colour it has to look clean or it becomes quite dull and old looking imo

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Mint wee motor you've got there! I love the ph1s! Your not too far away from me either, noticed your pic of the last one by the Forth Rail Bridge ;)

Evo 6, E92 320d
Thats me fitted the coil pack and ht leads, seems to ahve sured the problem but will have to go a bit of a longer drive to be sure.

Whilst I had the inlet off to allow access I noticed this

IMG_3987Medium.jpg

Now maybe I'm just being stupidly optimistic but to me that looks very like matched inlets. Would explain why it feels faster than Daves. What do you think?

I'd say std, mine looked the same as that at the the plenum. Whip them off and see what the other end is like as sometimes only the lower part gets matched.

A well built VW
Cheers big man, long time no see, you gonna come to the meat a week today?

Meat ???? I'll have a look see

Aye long time no see you've been thru a few cars since last time i saw you lol. I see your old one at work every day too still looking good

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Oops, should've updated this a while back.

Since last time I've replaced the plugs for new NGK ones despite having an invoice that says the old onew were only 22000 miles old. Tough 22000 for 3 of them :S

Image0046Medium.jpg

Intially it made no difference but over time (and a few blasts) the problem seems to have gone away and I've no fault codes at all!

I also raised it as teh driveshaft was fouling the chassis under hard cornering but only have a couple of pics of the new height so far

IMG_4178Medium.jpg

IMG_4179Medium.jpg

Still planning on getting a new steering wheel but once again its been put back due to a sudden lack of cash, having bad luck with other things atm!

And the coilovers will be coming off soon as I'm getting sportlines, I know its sad but if the cars are to be matching it needs to be done properly!

Cheers
John

White Evo V
Just seen the pics of your inlets. They arnt matched. Mine are exactly the same and mine definatly havnt been matched!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
The car is now on Eibach sportlines but tbh is the same height as the above pictures so no new ones as it would mean washing it ;)

Unfortunately one of the standard rear shocks is away, which tbh I was kind of expecting as Pete warned me he thought this too, oh well! Has lead to this thread though http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=509063

So until I've got new shocks I dont want to do a full comparison against the racelands. Certainly the front end feels a bit stiffer but I can't push it properly for obvious reasons.

However, I've also fixed the exhaust that started to blow badly after the Scottish run :rasp: and turned out it was leaking at all 4 joins in it, er oops! So it sounds loads better and much more like how it was when I got it. Didnt think anyone be interested in pics of a gun gum'd exhaust ;)

The best thing I've done though, by a mile is change this

IMG_4234Medium.jpg

IMG_4233Medium.jpg

IMG_4236Medium.jpg

to a MikeyK18 retrimmed one

IMG_4237Medium.jpg

IMG_4240Medium.jpg

IMG_4239Medium.jpg

Lifts the whole interior up to mint and makes it nicer to drive, rather than the hingin' old one!

Really wanting to colour code very soon but depends on how much the new shocks set me back and if I blow the exhaust again or not!

Current future plans include a rear ARB, new exhaust anyway, engine bay clean up, and possible painting of bit, hill top strut covers and I'd love a new bonnet as this one looks like a golf ball ;). Also upgrade the brakes, lines and change the fluid. Once all thats out of the way and its up to the right sort of visual and driving standards then I'll look at power!

Cheers
John

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Wheel looks good john! Glad my sportlines went to a good home!