ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

youngest 1*2 owner??

Silver 172 cup
I have got my renewal coming up and have been getting quotes of around £500 at 23 with 6 yrs ncb on a cup. Had the car 2 years now. Financially I am so glad I waited until I was 21 to get it.

J03

MX5 1.8
i swear i keep reading these how young threads.. save your money, dont waste it on a CAR. made that mistake yeah yeah so what if you have a cool car at uni, at the end no1 cares. i lost my social life big time when i had an expensive car to own, maintain and run. regretted ever spending a single penny on it. i know a few people who sold their clio sports at uni here because they had no life outside their cars.
to them people who pay rediculous prices to insure a friggin clio you all need to get a life and find some friends outside this forum! :p

Last edited:
  MCS R56
i swear i keep reading these how young threads.. save your money, dont waste it on a CAR. made that mistake yeah yeah so what if you have a cool car at uni, at the end no1 cares. i lost my social life big time when i had an expensive car to own, maintain and run. regretted ever spending a single penny on it. i know a few people who sold their clio sports at uni here because they had no life outside their cars.
to them people who pay rediculous prices to insure a friggin clio you all need to get a life and find some friends outside this forum! :p

Sense!

Whether you can afford insurance at 17 or not, it's not worth it.

Clio 182
Hmm, I was 21 when I got my Clio. I was at University living in a shared house and I managed it. I'm still at University.. wouldn't say I don't have a social life because of it! I work weekends to pay for it. Still go out in the evening though!

MCS R56
Hmm, I was 21 when I got my Clio. I was at University living in a shared house and I managed it. I'm still at University.. wouldn't say I don't have a social life because of it! I work weekends to pay for it. Still go out in the evening though!

That's fair enough but it depends how much you are forking out for the pleasure.

Student days have changed...

J03

MX5 1.8
i work fri sat and sun, with the money i earn i can go out every night if i want, buy whatever i want and need, and stil have some money left over to save up for a nice car for when am eventually 21 to go on placement for a year :)

i work fri sat and sun, with the money i earn i can go out every night if i want, buy whatever i want and need, and stil have some money left over to save up for a nice car for when am eventually 21 to go on placement for a year :)
Same as me, I work 4-5 days a week (aswell as going to uni), so the money I earn goes on everyday stuff like petrol, insurance, phone etc, with quite a bit left over each month to put away in the piggy bank... Then all my student loan stays in the bank account for the "new car fund".

I disagree with this... If I bought an expensive car now, whilst im still at uni, it wouldnt effect my social life one bit. Id still be able to afford to go out whenever and not have to worry about money.
I dont think its particularly wise to get a 1*2 whist your still a teen though because your gonna get raped on insurance and you dont have much experience, hence why im waiting till im atleast 21.

What price are people paying for their cliosports?

Ive just had a quick blast on comparethemeerkat.com to see what id be paying
Ph1 172: £1300
182: £1900

The ph1 isnt bad considering im already paying £1000 for a 1.2 (with mods).

J03

MX5 1.8
I disagree with this... If I bought an expensive car now, whilst im still at uni, it wouldnt effect my social life one bit. Id still be able to afford to go out whenever and not have to worry about money.
I dont think its particularly wise to get a 1*2 whist your still a teen though because your gonna get raped on insurance and you dont have much experience, hence why im waiting till im atleast 21.

depends what you mean by social life, not that i didnt talk to any of my mates! i meant as in going out wise, we go out on nights at least 3 times a week lol and in my case it did me, at the time nearly everything i earned went towards the car, saving for insurance, petrol, was scared to even drive the car because if anything happened like if it broke down i wont be able to pay to fix it.
so my social life was just at the classroom or chillin in flats, cant even afford beer because money was for food. so in first year i was screwed so the events like carnage, warehouse, afterparty with special DJ guests wer always out the question!

now the cars got rid am loving life! can actually go clothes shoppig for the past year mmm allsaints ha and go out and get wasted as usual! got money to go to ibiza this year too SICK :rasp:

We're not all at Uni. I run mine at a young age comfortably and could still go out on the piss every weekend if I wanted to.

depends what you mean by social life, not that i didnt talk to any of my mates! i meant as in going out wise, we go out on nights at least 3 times a week lol and in my case it did me, at the time nearly everything i earned went towards the car, saving for insurance, petrol, was scared to even drive the car because if anything happened like if it broke down i wont be able to pay to fix it.
so my social life was just at the classroom or chillin in flats, cant even afford beer because money was for food. so in first year i was screwed so the events like carnage, warehouse, afterparty with special DJ guests wer always out the question!

now the cars got rid am loving life! can actually go clothes shoppig for the past year mmm allsaints ha and go out and get wasted as usual! got money to go to ibiza this year too SICK :rasp:

LOL I live at home still, so living costs are really low, so rather than spending a good chunk of my student loan on accomadation n food etc I can save it for whatever...
Id still be able to go out on the p*ss whenever I wanted if I got a 1*2.
I suppose it was totally different for you though if you were living in halls!

J03

MX5 1.8
We're not all at Uni. I run mine at a young age comfortably and could still go out on the piss every weekend if I wanted to.

yeah but i meant the lad who started the thread, he said he was at uni.

LOL I live at home still, so living costs are really low, so rather than spending a good chunk of my student loan on accomadation n food etc I can save it for whatever...
Id still be able to go out on the p*ss whenever I wanted if I got a 1*2.
I suppose it was totally different for you though if you were living in halls!

yeah its sh!t i live in a house now with 8 lads, pay £1200 every term (all of my loan :( )
if you can afford to why not am not saying dont, am jsut saying its wise not to when money is not as available. am really into cars because mates back home (who all work at like tescos or something stupid) all have modified cars.. when i got to uni with my car it was totally different, money just goes everywhere you dont realise how much you actually spend just for food and stuff you need. so my car had to go :( only another year to wait tho until i get something beasty!

yeah but i meant the lad who started the thread, he said he was at uni.

yeah its sh!t i live in a house now with 8 lads, pay £1200 every term (all of my loan :( )
if you can afford to why not am not saying dont, am jsut saying its wise not to when money is not as available. am really into cars because mates back home (who all work at like tescos or something stupid) all have modified cars.. when i got to uni with my car it was totally different, money just goes everywhere you dont realise how much you actually spend just for food and stuff you need. so my car had to go :( only another year to wait tho until i get something beasty!

Thats a decision im trying to make atm... Im 2nd year, but cant decide whether to get a ph1 172 or 182 this summer, or wait till next summer and order a brand new 200
:)

J03

MX5 1.8
Thats a decision im trying to make atm... Im 2nd year, but cant decide whether to get a ph1 172 or 182 this summer, or wait till next summer and order a brand new 200
:)

is that even a thought mate. lol buy a ph1 CLIO now or the latest CLIO in a year.. i know which one id rather have ;) saw a liquid/black other day never say i liked them in pictures but WOW the front actually looks friggin ace in liquid and black. ud prolly get laid more too in a 200 than in a ph1, no offence to ph1 owners just saying :rasp:

is that even a thought mate. lol buy a ph1 CLIO now or the latest CLIO in a year.. i know which one id rather have ;) saw a liquid/black other day never say i liked them in pictures but WOW the front actually looks friggin ace in liquid and black. ud prolly get laid more too in a 200 than in a ph1, no offence to ph1 owners just saying :rasp:
Id have to ask my girlfriend that haha...
And yea, im thinking LY 200, recaros etc etc.. I think when I looked on the Renault site, with all the optional extras I want, it would come to just under £20k :S which is partially the reason why im thinking of getting a ph1 for a year so that im used to the power and dont go a f*ck up a brand new 200 straight away lol

J03

MX5 1.8
ha i see, well take it easy with the 200, no one says you have to drive like a tool, jumping from my 1.2 to a 1.8 was alright for me, it isnt as fast as a 200 but its rear wheel drive too, with no ABS or any modern stuff, was fine, didnt like the iced up roads though much! :S shat myself. 200 all the way dude

ha i see, well take it easy with the 200, no one says you have to drive like a tool, jumping from my 1.2 to a 1.8 was alright for me, it isnt as fast as a 200 but its rear wheel drive too, with no ABS or any modern stuff, was fine, didnt like the iced up roads though much! :S shat myself. 200 all the way dude
I drive like a grandad most of the time anyway lol, so no real worry about crashing because of kaning it about... (Unless I get addicted to the amount of power lol)

DCi 100

We don't all drink ;)

Regardless of being 17, I can get it whenever I want but it just doesn't appeal to me having drank in the past.

DCi 100
:| you dont drink?

Birthdays, New Year/Christmas etc, other than that nah dude. Doesn't appeal to me.

I only run the 1.2 but far from skint and have way too many parts for it already lol. Sort the interior out and few other bits then it will be reet, no more spending on it for acouple of years.

MG B roadster/172 cup
I'm picking up a 172 cup on Monday, had quotes of £600ish, i'm 23 with 1yr ncb.

I finished uni in June, i've only just managed to save £4000 whilst living at home so i'm a bit interested to find out how you're going to make your £20k so fast? Any tips?!

Through uni i went for cool cars that weren't chavy so not so expensive to insure, had a classic mini for three years (lots of fun), and then an MGB roadster, both fairly cheap to buy and insure due to classic policys. The girls loved the soft top and i loved the rear wheel drive, you had to really try to get the back end out, so it was a good first rear wheel drive car.

Supercharged S2000
Im 19, picked up my 172 week before last... i was planning on a getting a Teg Type R until i got my first few quotes, i think i could of blagged it abit but it would of f*cked me over if i had to make a claim, didnt think it was worth paying out to have invalid insurence :S. At first it was hard to find a good deal on an RS however admiral saved the day !! :)

Im 19, picked up my 172 week before last... i was planning on a getting a Teg Type R until i got my first few quotes, i think i could of blagged it abit but it would of f*cked me over if i had to make a claim, didnt think it was worth paying out to have invalid insurence :S. At first it was hard to find a good deal on an RS however admiral saved the day !! :)
How much you paying if you dont mind me asking? (PM me if you dont want all of CS to know ;) )
Im currently with them on my 1.2, paying £1k, had a quote off them for a ph1 172 for £50 more lolol

Supercharged S2000
Alright mate, no problem at all.

Well its a long storey lol, i had enough money to get a 182 & pay monthly on my insurence, i then found out to do that with admiral it would be around £2100 overall, which was an absolute joke. They then said if i was to pay my insurence in one go it would be a hell of alot cheaper. In order to do this i needed the money up front so went for a 172 which worked out around £1250 cheaper. Admiral offered 10 months ( 1 years NCB) for £1350.00 which worked out perfect for me. I mean most of the lads i work with are older then me and they think £1350 is still alot, but when you are seeing quotes at 2-3 k its a bargain :)

Alright mate, no problem at all.

Well its a long storey lol, i had enough money to get a 182 & pay monthly on my insurence, i then found out to do that with admiral it would be around £2100 overall, which was an absolute joke. They then said if i was to pay my insurence in one go it would be a hell of alot cheaper. In order to do this i needed the money up front so went for a 172 which worked out around £1250 cheaper. Admiral offered 10 months ( 1 years NCB) for £1350.00 which worked out perfect for me. I mean most of the lads i work with are older then me and they think £1350 is still alot, but when you are seeing quotes at 2-3 k its a bargain :)
Yea, the quotes ive been getting are around the same price for a 182... Cheapest I got was from elephant for £1900... Sack That!
Im tempted to get the ph1 for a year, as its just about the same on insurance as my 1.2 and can get decent ones for like £2k. Will give me experience on how to handle a 2.0l aswell :D

Supercharged S2000
Apperently he had an 08 plate 197 when he was 6, before the RS was even out!! just a rumour though :S