ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your 2015 Game of the Year

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
I haven't played beyond ep1 of that - need to crack on.

Yes you do :D It's just an all round excellent game. Some people might not like the story driven point and click type games and may find it a bit 'girly'. But it's one of my all time favourites, I just found the hand drawn art style, music, story line and general feel of the game amazing.

Plus I picked up the first episode on the steam sale half way through last year for about £2 complete bargin, instantly bought the season pass after I finished the first episode.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
On XBox One, I really enjoyed Witcher 3, but then I didn't play it once Metal Gear Solid 5 arrived. Recently been playing Fallout 4 which has been brilliant (PC version).

I'd probably say Witcher actually, but I'll ultimately spend more time on Fallout. Both stunning in their own way.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
On XBox One, I really enjoyed Witcher 3, but then I didn't play it once Metal Gear Solid 5 arrived. Recently been playing Fallout 4 which has been brilliant (PC version).

I'd probably say Witcher actually, but I'll ultimately spend more time on Fallout. Both stunning in their own way.
That's the odd thing about Fallout.

I'd say Witcher 3, Bloodborne and MGSV TPP are all better games than Fallout in terms of what they all achieve and do well, but Fallout 4 is probably the most fun.

There's something about Fallout 4 that just made it so easy to pick up and play. Probably that the three games I mentioned first all required a degree of skill to really get good at them, whereas I found with Fallout it was so easy to just put on and start slaying masses of enemies.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
That's the odd thing about Fallout.

I'd say Witcher 3, Bloodborne and MGSV TPP are all better games than Fallout in terms of what they all achieve and do well, but Fallout 4 is probably the most fun.

There's something about Fallout 4 that just made it so easy to pick up and play. Probably that the three games I mentioned first all required a degree of skill to really get good at them, whereas I found with Fallout it was so easy to just put on and start slaying masses of enemies.

Yup, agree with that. Saying that, I have around 40 mods pre-loaded into my game currently. It's so immersive and involving. I'm not into all the cheating or God mode stuff, but more the surroundings, texture improvements and general updates to the game world. It's brilliant. Really enjoying it yet truth be told it's not that impressive, from a "next gen" perspective.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Yup, agree with that. Saying that, I have around 40 mods pre-loaded into my game currently. It's so immersive and involving. I'm not into all the cheating or God mode stuff, but more the surroundings, texture improvements and general updates to the game world. It's brilliant. Really enjoying it yet truth be told it's not that impressive, from a "next gen" perspective.
I think it's because it's map isn't too large and is very dense with places - I only wish their were more missions or side missions that used these locations - seems a waste that some areas clearly had a lot of effort put into them but they weren't really very important.

With Witcher and MGSV there's lots of travelling, the worlds are pretty big and there's lots there, but it's quite spread - I went straight from playing Fallout to MGSV and instantly not having quick travel, having to wait for helicopters etc was a bit frustrating although I guess ultimately more real.

I guess that's what Fallout can get away with more than Witcher or MGSV, it makes no real attempt to be believable, which means it can completely eradicate cumbersome things that would need to be in a 'real' game. You can carry masses of items, you can fast travel anywhere instantly, you can get great guns from pretty much the get go, few cutscenes; more play time.

I think it's something developers will have to look at going forward, the recipe up till now has just been to make these open world RPG games bigger and bigger, but that's not always better.

EDIT: Far Cry 4 was the worst for me in terms of the world being big for the sake of being big - hundreds of discoverable locations that don't matter at all and are never used in the relatively short campaign. All the landscape looked the same, just one huge jungle, and having to travel all the time on the buzzard.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Obviously an individual's GoTY is very subjective but I wasn't surprised to find IGN's GoTY aligned with my own. Witcher 3 has become one of my favourite games of all time and I'm looking forward to the forthcoming expansion / DLC.

Here's my 'fan homage' to the game. Warning - it may spoil the game if you haven't already played it and parts are NSFW. I think I'm in love with Triss and Ciri. LOL!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I don't know what it is with the Witcher series. I bought the Enhanced 1st Edition and put about an hour into it. Then I bought the 2nd game and literally did little else than a few arena battles. Then I bought the third game and I've literally walked across the room and admired the view from the window - and that's it.

I don't know why it just doesn't entice me in? Plenty of other games of similar do - and they aren't as good from the reviews? Weird....

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I don't know what it is with the Witcher series. I bought the Enhanced 1st Edition and put about an hour into it. Then I bought the 2nd game and literally did little else than a few arena battles. Then I bought the third game and I've literally walked across the room and admired the view from the window - and that's it.

I don't know why it just doesn't entice me in? Plenty of other games of similar do - and they aren't as good from the reviews? Weird....
It's ok mate - you're a strange one. We know that! :tonguewink:

Seriously, that's the beauty of gaming and why we're so lucky to have so much choice these days. :up:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It's ok mate - you're a strange one. We know that! :tonguewink:

Seriously, that's the beauty of gaming and why we're so lucky to have so much choice these days. :up:

Haha! I will try it at some point! Something rated that highly simply has to be good. Two work colleagues bought it and think W3 is brilliant - one definitely says it's his game of year too. I get distracted by other stuff too much though and others I just want to get better at - like Company of Heroes 2.