ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your Annual mileage in a 1*2?

Black Gold with cup packs
I am currently covering 16kp/a... Going back to a 172cup and will be covering this distance still. Despite owning a few RS clios now I have never covered this sort of mileage.
What sort of mileage are you guys covering, and is 16k in a 03 172cup providing the car has oil changes and servies a good idea?
I will be increasing my minor service intervals to 6months or 8000miles to help maintain the car to a high standard.
What do you think guys?

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
tbh mine didnt take the 25k a year i tried to throw at it very well. even with me and a reputable garage on here, we were struggling to keep it together and it started having silly things go wrong with it. hence the derv... although i wouldnt see 16k as being that much of a problem for the clio

oh yeah i had oil change every 6k due to the increased motorway stints.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Last year my 172 covered 16-17k this year i'm looking at about 20+k.

I wouldn't worry to much about doing lots of miles, mine's running fine on over 100k.

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
Sounds a good idea. 6-8k for a service and it'll be fine.

I do about 8k a year to n fro uni, buut thats gonna change as of May as i finish, so the car will be on th drive and commuting to work via bike, so im keepin her low milage!

Trophy #490
10-12k. Trips to Uni on most days account for a lot of it, but a good chunk of it will be down to random drives to the coast or the Yorkshire Dales. Worth it though!

I think you'll be fine doing that sort of mileage, just make sure you maintain it and I can't see a problem.

30k a year at the mo mostly mway/dc. I just do the normal service intervals with fully synth oil. No significant probs at 132k in a 172 cup.

I've just switched to 182 for daily driving, cup is now my toy car. Only difference seems to be it uses a little more fuel.

30k a year at the mo mostly mway/dc. I just do the normal service intervals with fully synth oil. No significant probs at 132k in a 172 cup.

I've just switched to 182 for daily driving, cup is now my toy car. Only difference seems to be it uses a little more fuel.

Cheers Mark, the running of your 172cup is good to hear :)

182/Bora V5/S1 RS Turbo
Mine has done 20k in a year. Not a prob apart from tyres,servicing and a cracked screen. Its always done about 40mpg too bless it

koi

Audi S1
Probably do around 12k a year so it's starting to rack up the miles. It's never let me down...so far

BG182®
Had my 182 for nearly 3 months now and have travelled nearly 4k already.

About twice a month I go from London to Liverpool for work related shizzle and has ran smooth so far. Going to Leeds on the 4th so that should add another 400+ miles to the clock.

had my 182 for 6 months nearly to the day and have traveled 19,000 miles in it during that time. Only thing that has happened was the Rear shock popped but was putting collies on anyway and apart from that its been problem free :D

Apart from the usual tyres/brakes/engine & box oil change pretty cheap motoring from a hot hatch!

I change the oil/filter every 6k just to be extra caring as she does get quite a hard life! Always the fully synth quality oils too.

i'm doing about 24k at the min.....thats only becuase i have to travel up and down to plym about 3/4 times a month ontop of what i usually do.

And all the high annual milegae guys don't have any additional problems with the cars?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'm about 22k a year roughly and no major issues with my car.... Its an 04 on 73k now.

182 Trophy (#27/500)
Im currently on about 20k a year and i get mine serviced regular. just had one done and i feel like im planning the next one. Nothing to report problem wise, i guess its like anything, some people are lucky and some arent!!