ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your BHP guesstimates....

Ph1
^^some good points there but its not a case of 'wasting money' its a case of a lot of £££ has to be spent for the gains vs the likes of Turbo application.

If say you consider a CTR new cost a good 3k premium over the cost of a new 172, take the 3k difference and mod your Clio, you'll have a quicker car for the money, FACT. A 200bhp Clio slaughters a stock 200 bhp CTR (factory 197bhp but near enough lol)

TVR Cerbera
14.2's not 13's :)

Sure there was some sort of thrash a while back on these very pages and not even the TB'd up F4R's could get into the 13's where in contrast the hybrids did with ease

May have been a hybrid. I was doing 14.6 when it was nearly standard last year. Oh well i'll see in 2 weeks, be gutted if it doesn't do 13's

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to hi-jack, what do you guys reckon my 172 should be putting out, the list!

Cat back powerflow sytem 2" with 2 straight through silencers
De-cat
RS tunner Group N map
ITG Pannel filter

was hoping for the 190hp figure, engine does feel great so one can hope lol :approve:

What do you reckon?

That's almost the exact same spec as mine (Ktec stealth and Rsport Grp N ECU).

Mine over several dyno runs has proven itself to be a 'good one' (consistently outperforms others back to back) - and the last dyno run showed 177 bhp.

Yours wasn't a Cup to start with, so I reckon you're probably looking at 170, maybe 173.

As Saner said, bring it to the rolling road day and find out?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
i think by N/A he did mean without ITB's but of Course with ITB's its still N/A

There are a fair few 200bhp+ Mk 2 clios on ITB's

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Yours wasn't a Cup to start with, so I reckon you're probably looking at 170, maybe 173.

I thought the standard 172 engine was exactly the same as the cup, well minus the engine cover :rasp:.. then the only diffrecne with the 182 was the exhaust manifold..

Ph1

mmmm ok....if you think so. it must be very light. the post says he only had the back seats out and 195 bhp. i have no back seats, no soundproofing etc totalling 87kgs lighter and approx 240bhp (233 at last RR tune, more mods since then)

i'll see in 2 weeks like i said.

Iv never seen or heard of one cracking the 13's on a N/A non ITB set up and with no NOS but there might be one somewhere. Its certainly not common place. The 'quick ones' are usually very low 14's from what iv read on here

Might be worth a new thread to see ;)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

I thought the standard 172 engine was exactly the same as the cup, well minus the engine cover :rasp:.. then the only diffrecne with the 182 was the exhaust manifold..

That's what the spec sheet says, but on standard cars, with similar mileages, Cup's on RR days I've been to have always run higher than normal 172s (and a fair few 182s for too :rasp: ).

Mike at Rentech has seen inside quite a few engines, standard and modified. He says mine would gain very little from an inlet manifold flow job. It's had a good inlet match from the start and it seems quite a few others did too.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my engine standard with just an itg filter and a very restrictive patern part centre section ran 173bhp on the same day a trophy ran 180, 2 182s ran 175ish, a 1.2 16v ran 74bhp and alis V6 ran just under 250 iirc? so pretty acurate results all round so there is decent 172s about, if your starting with 1 of them then you'll get a decent result if numbers is your thing