ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

your fuel usage?

clio 03 1.6 16v
hi guys, just wonderd what all of your fuel usage was like?
i really feel mine is like overfueling or something.
ive got the 1.6 03, and 10.30 litres gets me a max of like 65 miles on the best behavour driving around city, im sure it used to get me arround 90 miles when i got the car, and when i started the car this morning with the doors open i could smell sorta strong fuel smells..
any ideas?
and whats ur usage?
thanks

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
10L could get me 80 miles in my 2.0 172. with fairly quick driving.

if you can smell it from the zorst gasses sounds like its not getting burnt prop.

clio 03 1.6 16v
what do u think the problem could be? i took the extra warranty with the car but i cant just tell them its using to much fuel cause i dont think they would do anything..
ive tried the fuel cleaners etc, i just feel its using an awful lot considering.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
i dont know as im not a spanners person but i'm sure sum1 will help in a min.

pos get the emmisions tested. that may tell you somthing

A

ashy_gtt

Lambda Probe? Stick a wideband up its bum and find out.

If you can smell its running rich then it must be very rich!!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique+
hey mate

i got a 1.6 - they can eat tbh, so many things can effect fuel consumption, even non mechanical. tyre pressures, outdoor temperature, what sh1t u carry around in your boot, whether or not u had a shave in the morning...

i have a fairly heavy right foot, this weekend i did about 140miles and it ate just under 20 litres, not much different to urs and that was mainly motorway.

clio 03 1.6 16v
i just carry a 12" sub in the boot with the spare wheel, i check the tyre pressure, wat should tht b btw?
im starting to wish i bought the dci i was looking at..
i put £10.50 in and that gets me like just over 10ltr of normal fuel, drive it reasonably heavy footed i get about 40 mile if im lucky, i only smell the fuel on startup, its not had an oil change since i bought it and its done like 8000mls.. its on 66200mls..

clio 03 1.6 16v
im in glasgow buddy..
as i say its waranted with arnold clark but i dont wanna go say it uses alot of fuel cause i think they wld book it in, do nothin n say they tried things n get no where..

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique+
i'd take it anyway tbh.. thats what u paid for. they can put it in for a CLIP test, if theres a prob it should show up (ie fuel injectors).. when was it last serviced? could be fuel filter although if your smelling it it could just be a plain old fashioned leak

the dci's are good cars, the other half has one. bit down on power unless remapped, not as much fun as ours tho ;)

clio 03 1.6 16v
YEh..
i love my wee car its a fast wee bugger wen it wants to b!
maybe i will book it in..
its costing me a fortune..