ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

your insurance cost & who you're with at what age? sport models only

ph2 172
as some of you may have seen,i've been looking for a 172/182 for a while.

i got a quote yesterday that was £690,i think it's rediculously high for me considering im 29 & have full no claims.

so i was wondering what some of you pay? and through who you are insured at what age?

i'l give some of the better ones a call.

thanks in advance.

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
28 years old, 1 years no claims on this policy. All mods declared and like for like replacement covered (coilovers, buckets, ARB, brake upgrade).

£750 fully comp

MR2 Mk1.5
What other people pay will not help you really, you are all different people and therefore present totally different insurance risks.

172 cup- suzu rf600r
+1 but its interesting so -

25, 172 cup lowered and alloys, performance direct, cu80 (3 points), 1 non fault accident, 6 years no claims, £1235 (third party)

^getting robbed!

soon to be 182 ;)
i had a quote on a ph1 172 yesterday for when i turn 18 with 1 years ncb, tpft £1500 which imo isnt bad

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Dave did your insurer honor your no-claims from your other policy, as that seems very reasonable?

2002 Clio 172
I don't know where some of you are getting quotes from, but as a 44 year old male with over 10 years NCB, no points, no mods and have owned the car for four years, my cheapest quote was with Kwik Fit and I still pay £54 a month. Complete rip off. If you know of ANYONE who is driving without insurance tell someone now as its these selfish gits that are bumping up the premiums as well as greedy insurance companies who claim its the tax they have to put on.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
30 years old. 1 years no claims bonus (been on a traders policy since i was 18) all mods declared £900 fully comp with Brentacre. Oh and thats with me getting a ban last year (28 days)

Dan

RS mk2 172
I don't know where some of you are getting quotes from, but as a 44 year old male with over 10 years NCB, no points, no mods and have owned the car for four years, my cheapest quote was with Kwik Fit and I still pay £54 a month. Complete rip off. If you know of ANYONE who is driving without insurance tell someone now as its these selfish gits that are bumping up the premiums as well as greedy insurance companies who claim its the tax they have to put on.

Thank god you posted as I thought I was the oldest.

To be honest your postcode may have a lot to do with your high premium and it pays to shop around (usually a full day for me) and play them off each other as they will try and get as much as they think you will pay.

ph2 172
What other people pay will not help you really, you are all different people and therefore present totally different insurance risks.

i understand that but im baffled as to why my quote was so high considering my age and full no claims bonus?? im pretty sure my area is not a big risk?

On my 172 when I took out the policy in April last year:

* £1150 with Admiral, 21, 0 points/claims, 1 years ncb.

I got a refund when I swapped over to the 200. Come renewal it will be around:

* £900 with Admiral, 21, 0 points/claims, 2 years ncb.
(Hoping slightly less as those quotes was for a single car policy, whereas I am on Multi-Car

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
When i took it out I was 20, good area (well depends which company you speak to :S), 2 years NCB, no points or claims, £1K exactly with Adrian Flux.

This thread does help, because it outlines which companies are taking on young drivers at the moment, which is currently the admiral group/brentacre/flux etc. It changes though, CK used to be competitive for young drivers 14 months ago but not any more, and I wouldn't be surprised if admiral cool off a bit with all the young drivers after their takeover.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
as some of you may have seen,i've been looking for a 172/182 for a while.

i got a quote yesterday that was £690,i think it's rediculously high for me considering im 29 & have full no claims.

so i was wondering what some of you pay? and through who you are insured at what age?

i'l give some of the better ones a call.

thanks in advance.

I'm afraid thats the way it is at the moment - I'm 29 7 Years NCB and mine went up a great amount this year, but its still the cheapest quote I could find. Infact I'm paying again what I did at 22/23.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

i wouldnt let kwik s**t fit a new tyre. let alone insure my car.

S

Ste King 182

clio 182 - 22 yrs old - 2 yrs no clames - 3 points - ok area = £ 2200 admeral :dead: .

MR2 Mk1.5
Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Seems like a thread a day with this at the moment.

Can get a bit tiresome!

I had a lovely sandwich at lunchtime, just thought I'd share that with you all.. its about as much help as reading what totally different people pay for their insurance. The only thing that is helpful is to see what insurers people are using I guess!

MR2 Mk1.5
i understand that but im baffled as to why my quote was so high considering my age and full no claims bonus?? im pretty sure my area is not a big risk?

Does seem a little high.. Have you tried my company? What was our quotation? If it is £690 or more please PM me your details so I can look into it. If you haven't tried us, our number is 0208 3645500

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

RS mk2 172
Can get a bit tiresome!

I had a lovely sandwich at lunchtime, just thought I'd share that with you all.. its about as much help as reading what totally different people pay for their insurance. The only thing that is helpful is to see what insurers people are using I guess!

In one hand you say it gets a bit tiresome reading these threads (no one is forcing you) and on the other you are touting for bussiness giving out your number??

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
In one hand you say it gets a bit tiresome reading these threads (no one is forcing you) and on the other you are touting for bussiness giving out your number??

But he's right it's all based on personal information and even that difffers if you move house so throwing out numbers left right and center is pointless.

RS mk2 172
But he's right it's all based on personal information and even that difffers if you move house so throwing out numbers left right and center is pointless.

Why is he right? He can choose not to read the thread if he wants. There are loads of threads many of us dont read after looking at the title because we choose not to.

MR2 Mk1.5

We are a paying trader.

I gave our number out as he is asking me if I think the price is right etc.. I am answering by saying I dont know without your details, have you call us for a comparison quotation, if not here is our number..