ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your most "worthwhile" modification

260% JCW
Couldnt agree more with Dan. You spend all of your time in the car so makes sense to improve the space your in. For me, my best modification was the 197 steering wheel for my 172 to replace the 172s 9yr old, part melting steering wheel. Updated and cleaned up the car for me as far as i was concerned.

The next best modification was a full set of new tyres (Toyo T1Rs) and a 4 wheel alignment.

I regret fitting Eibach lowering springs in hindsight, sure it made the car handle alittle better and look nicer but the ride was alot harsher in comparison. Even my 200 Cup isnt as harsh as my 172 was on Eibachs.

So if you bought a car with shite tyres, youd buy a new steering wheel and boss 1st?

Nissan 350z
Essential maintenance and mods are 2 different things kevster. If your tyres are s**te (4 different brands) or borderline low on tred depth then i would hardly call it a mod.

My 172 had 2 different brands of tyres on it, all with good tred depth and both fairly well known brands (not ditch finders) when i decided to replace all 4 after 2 had developed slow punctures. That to me was a modification as i didnt have to do it the car performed just fine on them.

260% JCW
Deviating from manufacturer fit tyres would be class'd as a modificaiton, no matter what the tyre tread depth was.

The car has good tyre brands on the rear, and a dodgy brand on the front. This to me isn't a car that requires essential maintenance. Unless they are below the legal tread limit. The dodgy one's may be new, i just know that if it were a member of my family driving the car i would sooner have the best tyres on the car regardless of the age of the ditch finders.

Megane 225 F1
A service.

Modification would have to be going from 16 inch wheels with budgets to 15 inch wheels with Toyo TR-1s.

V6 255
Without doubt, pay for some good tuition if you want to be a demon on track. It's also car transferrable ;-)

tiTTy & SV650
New track rods made the biggest difference. Konis and eibachs with camber bolts and a proper setup has been great too.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
As a few have said already, just keep the car standard for now and spend then money on getting it freshened up, bushes, engine mounts track rod ends (obviously only if they need them) get a good set of tyres and you will have a cracking little car!

Bets on if she wants to go back to the RX8 after she has experienced the epic fun of the cup!!!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
For me there are a few I have done that are worth while -

Steering Wheel Retrim
KW V2's
Custom Rear ARB
Bimarco Seats for more support

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Yozzasport system for me, only thing that felt like it actually did anything! rs tuner was nice because it fixed the cold starts but in fairness doesnt really do much. 2nd place has to be the coilovers for looks and handling :D

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
changing the 17" aces to 15" 16valver speedlines with yoko spec2's. Turns in quicker and accelerates quicker and more comfortable day to day.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
FK's combined with 2118's and R888's.

Oh and my Bimarcos. And my OMP Quadro. Actually i can't nail down just one mod as they all add up to make one whole package of awesomness.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Couldnt agree more with Dan. You spend all of your time in the car so makes sense to improve the space your in. For me, my best modification was the 197 steering wheel for my 172 to replace the 172s 9yr old, part melting steering wheel. Updated and cleaned up the car for me as far as i was concerned.

The next best modification was a full set of new tyres (Toyo T1Rs) and a 4 wheel alignment.

I regret fitting Eibach lowering springs in hindsight, sure it made the car handle alittle better and look nicer but the ride was alot harsher in comparison. Even my 200 Cup isnt as harsh as my 172 was on Eibachs.

I find the Eibach springs nice and soft. The 172 glides over bumps!