ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your opinion on the best first 182 major mod?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
1) Sportlines with spacers

2) RSTuner

3) Exhaust

4) Standard Steering wheel retrimmed in Alcantara

Of those, exhaust and a remap.

New shocks would be my first choice though on most of these cars, they're nearly all knackered by now!

Impreza Wagon
Sportlines have made me love my car a little more :) Exhaust I could take it or leave it however everyone raves about the RSTuner, I need to get involved!

Artic Blue 182 FF
Exhaust as that will fall off, If it hasnt already. Rstunner was alright but wouldnt rave about it. Recaro seats thats about the best mod.. Oh no wait! White Line Anti Roll bar! epic bit of kit.

LOL at this thread.

I can't believe so many people have different opinions :p

A brake kit might be the best first thing then. Any recommendations?

Also is that White Line Anti Roll bar front or rear or both?

320d
I went for an exhaust first on both my 172 and 182.

Other peoples opinions will differ, however I'd say most will agree that an aftermarket system gives the car the bit more noise it needs to make it a little more special for a hot hatch. I think hot hatches need to be reasonably loud, its a personal perception.

Replace shocks and add sportlines

replace wishbone bushes,track rod ends,ball joints.

full service with thermostat,c.t.s,coolant and brake fluid.

decent rubber on your wheels

change brakes if need be.

Exhaust and rs tuner once all wearable and servicable parts have been changed

then finaly put a bucket mod on;)

PB Clio 172
I would say the most important thing which is overlooked all the time is a good set of tyres, best you can afford ! they keep you on the road at the end of the day !

182cup & 172 racecar
Still a waste of money.

I'd only change the exhaust if the old one is blowing.

Tyres, not really a mod is it, I would of thought that putting the best tyres on would go without saying.

Mk2 Ph2 172
Decent brakes and tyres standard issue....

The first thing to do with any new purchase before even thinking of mods is a good service and health check make sure bushes suspension etc... Is all as it should be then spend money on mods!!!

After all it is down to personal choice I wouldn't ask anyone how I should mod my car lol