ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yozza with decat pipe

I bought a yozzasport exhaust with a decat pipe. Fitted it last night, fired her up and s**t the bed it's loud. I knew it would be loud but wasn't quite expecting that. The exhaust came with a bodged decat pipe with a flange fitting where it meets the centre section instead of the standard olive joint and and the centre section has been modified to fit the decat pipe. The question is, before I go modifying my cat to fit the centre section, how much quieter will it be? As I don't want to modify my cat to fit the yozza to find it's hardly any quieter and I'm left with having to buy a new cat to fit my old system back on. If it won't be much quieter I'm afraid it'll be in the for sale section. Cheers all, Dan.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
hi i had a ktec steakth supersports it was stupid loud,but after a few days it settled down,try letting it bed in a bit see if it tones down a bit

Inferno 182
Added a centre silencer to my Yoza on Tuesday. Big difference and definitely happy to keep it now. And I hate noisy exhausts so I'd recommend it.

Gee.

I'll see if it quietens down at all. Don't think the neighbours will tolerate it very long like this! When you say you added a centre silencer, do you have a cat fitted still? Or decat. Where would I find a silencer? Cheers.

172 Cup
When I had my Yozza it was still unbearably loud even after refitting the cat so I would say your only options are add another silencer or get rid

Inferno 182
I was surprised but ddfinitely centre silencer has cured it buddy. I got a stainless customs place that done it for £84. Bargain.

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I have a yozza with a cat in it and it's still pretty loud, I'd hate to think what it would sound like with a decat. My neighbors already hate me because of it, they would murder me if it was decatted. Though yours may settle.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
To the OP . With the decat , it is pretty loud and I've had passengers moan about how loud it was . With the Cat fitted it is still quite loud but not unbearable , not for me anyway , but pedestrians still look when I drive past . If you want to quieten it down substantially , fitting the Cat won't do that . Like dan112 says , get a centre silencer or change it if quiet is what you want . As for letting it settle down . I don't see how it's going to settle down if it's a second hand exhaust . Some people say exhausts do get quieter with a few miles under their belt as they get coated with carbon inside , so yours will already have gone through that period . In my experience , my Yozza never got any quieter with time . Its the same now as it was when it was new .

RB 182
If it's a 172 Yozza race back box then you can drill out the rivets and pull the tip out. Then simply re-pack and pop rivet back together - it will sound much quieter and lest raspy!