ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yozzasport (PF97) Brake Experience

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
From memory daves pads got a little low to say the least at oulton... Yoz was on hand with some pads.... got him out of trouble....

personally the PF's stop really well, had some for a while.... and was impressed... however my wheels and paintwork fell foul as well to the dust..... (which we all know about)

but as a track pad they are pretty damn good.... as long as you clean the car afterwards

dk

911 GTS Cab
Andy GDI said:
From memory daves pads got a little low to say the least at oulton... Yoz was on hand with some pads.... got him out of trouble....

personally the PF's stop really well, had some for a while.... and was impressed... however my wheels and paintwork fell foul as well to the dust..... (which we all know about)

but as a track pad they are pretty damn good.... as long as you clean the car afterwards
exactly right Andy, pads were non-existent and scored the discs!

Agree with the other comments too, we all learn from our mistakes though!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Ross, please do not hijack my thread, if you haven't got anything constructive to say, please don't say it at all, this is not a GDI vs. Yozzasport or a Ross vs. Yozzasport thread.

If I see you post one more time in here I will have no choice but to hand you a warning for a personal attack on a member.

Thankyou

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Shame you had so much truoble with the dust dave, is because of the pads and discs compination or do you think the brembo discs have added to it? reason i ask is because i will be getting some brembo pads and standard renault pads. since i wash my car like once every 3 months, didn't really want the same problem!!

Last edited by a moderator:
  182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
who gives a s**t.....back to the brakes.

To be very honest, i am bitter!! I was pushed towards the Yozzasport brake kit.....it was sold to me as a fast road application. Under the trading standards "fit for use" clause I am well within my rights to undertake legal action! I was assured that the kit had undergone extensive testing by yozzasport and that it was the best fast road kit on the market.

The pads are only fit for track use, full stop! They ruined 2 sets of my wheel's, they have also ruined my paint...twice! At my expense i had a professional detailer renovate my paint at my expense....I then had no other choice but to bin the PF pads and purchase something more 'suitable'. I'm half tempted to invoice yozzasport for this and express my feelings about said company but tbh i dont think it will get me anywhere :(

Live and learn.

dave182 said:
LOL, just been on a fiesta ST forum and they were talking about a guy with Kawasaki green wheels on a low clio in their chat window, so funny that i could tell them i knew who it was, small world eh mate!

what you doing over on there lol :)

i pointed them in the direction of freds wheels

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Gary G said:
who gives a sh*t.....back to the brakes.

To be very honest, i am bitter!! I was pushed towards the Yozzasport brake kit.....it was sold to me as a fast road application. Under the trading standards "fit for use" clause I am well within my rights to undertake legal action! I was assured that the kit had undergone extensive testing by yozzasport and that it was the best fast road kit on the market.

The pads are only fit for track use, full stop! They ruined 2 sets of my wheel's, they have also ruined my paint...twice! At my expense i had a professional detailer renovate my paint at my expense....I then had no other choice but to bin the PF pads and purchase something more 'suitable'. I'm half tempted to invoice yozzasport for this and express my feelings about said company but tbh i dont think it will get me anywhere :(

Live and learn.

From a legal front you would get nowhere and wouldnt agree with you point of view invoicing back the parts. Most other companies sell them as fast road applications too (new site says track i believe), if you look into its a lot down to the discs and with high grade discs (PF/AP/ALCON) then the dust issue is not a major problem. The material on your wheels is disc material not the pad.

Anyways that you experience and im sure you will learn and it great they people provide products so we can learn, whether that be GDI/YSport or whoever...

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
EVOgone....the dust is a major issue. I know I would get no where in terms of legal issues and its not really worth my time. As i said....i'm bitter lol. Fred you b**ch....apologise! lol.

PS. my invoice clearly states Yozzasport fast road brake it.

Last edited:
  Lionel Richie
my post wasn't aimed at you Gary, it was a "general post"

anyway, you're a clean freak southerner, you'll never be happy ;)

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Gary G said:
EVOgone....the dust is a major issue. I know I would get no where in terms of legal issues and its not really worth my time. As i said....i'm bitter lol. Fred you b*tch....apologise! lol.

Like the Murphy's - im not bitter...

Anyways peoples experiences are very important and you have voiced yours. When i had the EVO PF pads and std dics (same problem dust sticking) using PF discs then not big dust problem....main composition of the dust is disc material. Performance in all cases was excellent.

Gary i thought you car was a track orientated car given its stripped and modded.....but i remeber that your car is weighed down with all the meguires stuff...LOL
DS2500 are best for road use and minimal dust on std/brembo discs.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Purely from a performance point of view, I dont think its unreasonable to refer to them as a Fast Road kit as they do work fine when cold, so are useable on a day to day basis unlike some track / races pads which just dont work unless you get some heat into them.

But yeah, they are a bit more track focussed than the other fast road labelled seups available, and the dust issue means they are not ideal for regular daily use.

Gary G said:
EVOgone....the dust is a major issue. I know I would get no where in terms of legal issues and its not really worth my time. As i said....i'm bitter lol. Fred you b*tch....apologise! lol.

We have no invoices to you Gary. Ever.

IE. We have never sold anything directly to you?

I think I sent you two tyres from the group buy i arranged personally, but nothing else.

The PF '97 brake set-up is sold with people being made aware that the pads create a lot of dust. If you want great stopping power and dust, buy them. If you don't, buy something else.

The DS2500 pads come with the warning not for road use on. The PF '97 do not come with this warning.

The pagid Blue comes with no warning, but at over £100 they are not in most peoples budget.

The new Greenstuff pad is quite good.

Mintex have a 172 pad.

there are plenty of choices, even renault pads and halfords.

/y0z

Last edited:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
spy i'll be sticking to Renault gear until there's a compromise out there for road and track application.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
spy i'll be sticking to Renault gear until there's a compromise out there for road and track application.

DS2500 are very low dust and excellent performers, no more dust than std but a lot better performance.

Although im i driver and like ultimate performance so will continue to use DS3000 and PF97 pads on the track days.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
I cant be bothered to argue. I bought the kit as a yozzasport fast road brake package through GDI....you told me they had a set on the shelf so i went there. I have never bought anything from you direct.

EVOgone- "but i remeber that your car is weighed down with all the meguires stuff...LOL"
Haha...made me laugh mate.

Well, in all honesty i think the pads are very nice but should be confined to track cars only! The DS2500's are fine so far....as a road/track compromise.

Just my opinion, fed up of all the bitching in all honesty.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Gary G said:
I cant be bothered to argue. I bought the kit as a yozzasport fast road brake package through GDI....you told me they had a set on the shelf so i went there. I have never bought anything from you direct.

EVOgone- "but i remeber that your car is weighed down with all the meguires stuff...LOL"
Haha...made me laugh mate.

Well, in all honesty i think the pads are very nice but should be confined to track cars only! The DS2500's are fine so far....as a road/track compromise.

Just my opinion, fed up of all the b*tching in all honesty.

Agreed...

Think it all went wrong when Ross chips in...also i would add that DAVE182 shouldnt have put Yozzasport PF experience as the they are not YS exclusive......so a bit misleading thread.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
EVOgone said:
DS2500 are very low dust and excellent performers, no more dust than std but a lot better performance.

Although im i driver and like ultimate performance so will continue to use DS3000 and PF97 pads on the track days.

DS2500 being the pads yeh? What disks would be a sensible upgrade... I've got numerous race cars for motorsport, so the clio is just for fun.

Weeman sucks ****
I have the DS2500 with brembo discs, and they're great. Better than the Renault option but I never had any issues with the standard renault brakes either, never faded once round track.

You lot should learn to glide the car more lol. Eh jon_r;)

dk

911 GTS Cab
EVOgone said:
Agreed...

Think it all went wrong when Ross chips in...also i would add that DAVE182 shouldnt have put Yozzasport PF experience as the they are not YS exclusive......so a bit misleading thread.
agreed, that was my mistake.

dk

911 GTS Cab
McBunny said:
what you doing over on there lol :)

i pointed them in the direction of freds wheels
LOL, sleeping with the enemy ;)

saw your pics of you on there too!

They are interested in doing a joint trackday.

i no YS sell the greenstuff pads in one of there kits but they look like road ones anyone used the EBC red stuff or yellow stuff in comparrision to the PF, DS2500 or Pagid break pads?

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
i use the pf kit its awsome, had no issues with dust on paintwork either, car gets cleaned usually once a week and i dont spend 20hrs on it like the clay bar fairys on here, since changing my rims to a multispoke & using the pf's i slap on some halfords wheel protector (5min job) and this keeps the dust from settling on the rims. shame that some didnt get advice on dust & noise levels from these but if something is that good theres always a catch eh, i mean if cup racers use them...

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
DS2500 being the pads yeh? What disks would be a sensible upgrade... I've got numerous race cars for motorsport, so the clio is just for fun.

60 quid brembos.. no need to upgrade IMHO.

172, Tiguan
CHRIS172CUP said:
I have the DS2500 with brembo discs, and they're great. Better than the Renault option but I never had any issues with the standard renault brakes either, never faded once round track.

You lot should learn to glide the car more lol. Eh jon_r;)

I always found standard setup fine....

... for about a lap. ;) Who needs brakes.

172, Tiguan
On a side note, the PF97's are excellent. Would agree the DS2500 do seem the best comprimise.

Just to throw a cat among the pigeons (maybe) I can recommend the Pagid Blue pads - great from cold, consistent and strong when hot, no dust problems at all so far as far as I can see! I just used a wool mitt and meguairs gold class and they came up shiny and new :cool:

Clio 197
y0z2a said:
there are plenty of choices, even renault pads and halfords.

/y0z

They work fine for day-to-day normal braking....

....but not in emergencies (I almost found-out the hard way) :S :S :S

Does anyone know how to shift sh*t stains from alcantara??