ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yozzasport Road System Gets Customised

Chocolate Bar™
from day one ive loved this exhaust, the sound, quality of welds and performance gain makes it worth every penny and a no brainer when picking a system - however on my car it has never looked right. so took the plunge and dave (mini-valver) and myself made a trip to the exhaust centre to have my yozzasport modified.

the guys at JP did a great job of removing the old tailpipe and TIGing the new tail pipe into place. simply a matter of installing a new hanger so the exhaust sits perfectly level as its currently a bit wonky and chopping a slice out of the bumper to allow for the suitable heat dissipation.

pics from before:

SNC10347.gif

SNC10349.jpg

afters:

SNC10382.jpg

SNC10383.jpg

SNC10384.jpg

i wasnt sure, but the more i look at it the more i like it.. i think :)

Chocolate Bar™
thanks for the comments :)

danny - ive been keeping track of you on detailing world ;)

it was circa £50 all in. powerflow etc. quoted me around £30 but seeing as they dont tig weld thought i would go to someone proper.

No more clio's for me!
thanks for the comments :)

danny - ive been keeping track of you on detailing world ;)

it was circa £50 all in. powerflow etc. quoted me around £30 but seeing as they dont tig weld thought i would go to someone proper.

Good lad :)

Got three cars to do this weekend....that will be fun! :D

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Looks loads better - prefer that tip too, although I too think it would look better cut into the bumper - just MHO though. As long as you're happy :)

Chocolate Bar™
for those who have said 'should be cut into the bumper', firstly if i did that it would look too much like a piper/gdi exhaust for my liking, and its not designed to sit in the bumper so pretty much impossible to get it to do so. However i am altering the bracket so it sits a little bit higher and cutting a small section out the bottom to stop it burning, which should make it look a lot better.

anyway, cut in exhausts are so last year ;)

VaVa
for those who have said 'should be cut into the bumper', firstly if i did that it would look too much like a piper/gdi exhaust for my liking, and its not designed to sit in the bumper so pretty much impossible to get it to do so. However i am altering the bracket so it sits a little bit higher and cutting a small section out the bottom to stop it burning, which should make it look a lot better.

anyway, cut in exhausts are so last year ;)

Lol.. fair point.... but with your car being old the 'Year 2001 Halfords look' suits it perfectly ;)

Nice exhaust... but it really would look better cut in! But if it won't, then it won't.

Chocolate Bar™
yeah i'd prefer it cut in but not too bothered to be honest, the sound makes up for its look

i'm just waiting for the 2001 halfords look to come back in fashion, then i'll be laughing ;)

M

mini-valver

Told you I'd made the right choice ;)

Looks a million times better, much prefer the straight cut end!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yes, yes, yes. Awesome.

As you say, cut-out tailpipes are so last year... the future is a smaller tailpipe hanging below the bumper for a proper race-look. :)

Chocolate Bar™
LOL

Cup racer style exhausts have been done. You kids eh... think you invented everything ;)

we dont claim to have invented everything, just refined everything that was poorly deisgned in the first place :rasp:

Chocolate Bar™
Didn't think it was bad before...tbh..

to be honest i wasnt sure whether there was a huge difference when i had it done, but from certain angles looks miles better, and while i was paying to have it shortened Dave persuaded me to get the straight tail pipe which i now think is nicer in all honesty.